Meeting...Well Bitten By Mr.Keys |Prologue|

Fawn's Point Of View...

I smile.

I smile because I am truly unhappy. I pass by the many people that do the same. That smile to my ugly face making me believe that I was anything else but ugly. Men would turn their noses at me and i knew that it wasn't just me. I had all the odds against me.

Studies shown that African American woman already the least sought upon race of woman by men. Many men especially African American didn't love the cocoa brown color woman. But I had come to term with this and let the dream of being married or even being in love go. I knew that a man wouldn't look my way if it wasn't to insult which was my whole life. I completely understood that i wasn't the most attractive so I put myself in the position to make men and woman that were clearly more attractive then me to respect me.

Beauty is everything in this world.

A term that effect my life on another level. My dream as a young girl was to become a model. But because my weight and skin complexion. I didn't see that possible. My father before his sudden death would abuse me with his words and because he had no reason to lie. I always believed them as trues. I still do. My mother always tells me how beautiful I am, and she goes on and on about me and my husband giving her some beautiful grandchildren but to be honest with myself I never see that in my future, unless I adopt. No man in their god awful mind would touch me by a ten foot pole, never the less marry me. Oh never!

I strolled into my office as my employee stared at me. They tended to do that because they wouldn't dare to get me upset in any way shape or form. They knew that I was the boss and I didn't play any foolishness. If they wanted to disrespect me, they can leave. I was a shrewd businesswoman. Mostly because I didn't want to seem like the sensitive telenovela watching, ice cream eating self I am. Mm ice cream sounds good now. I groaned entirely for thinking that thought. This is why your the size you are now. I wasn't a perfect size 2. But I sure as hell was not huge. I was big but in this world you had to be stick thin and my size 22 jeans didn't fit the norm.

I flopped into my chair and continued on with my day. I sipped my black coffee and tapped my foot on the floor. As I began to settle in, I seen my assistant Malachi walk in.

Malachi was about 5'9 and his eyes brows on fleek and hair faded for the gods into a box. He was my gay best friend...well my only best friend. We basically did everything together. He was my Netflix and chill partner since we were both lonely as hell. But Malachi could pull any man he wanted unlike me.

"Good morning sunshine bad news."He frowned looking unsure if he should tell me or not. He bit the inside of his check.

I groaned lightly and sipped my coffee."Lay it on me. Nothing can make my life worse."

"Angel, the model for the Key's Enterprises affiliates for the makeup PlanetNova just bailed out. She has a hang over." Spoke too soon.

I sighed and grabbed my phone as Malachi sat on my desk. I typed in a number I really didn't want to call.

"Hello...Victor. Put your wife on the phone."See Victor was my first and only boyfriend. He was the star football player at Southern Georgia as I went to Spellman. He apperently seen me in a Starbucks and thought I would be easy to get in my pants so his boys betted on me. Long story short he cheated on me with his current wife, Lisa. I'm glad I never let his bitch ass hit. Lisa was a sweet heart. She wasn't my friend or anything but she as a great girl and perfect. She was 5'8 and has long slender bronze legs that matched her fit body. She was a housewife but I had been trying to get her to model for years. I could make some money off of this girl.

"Whatever Fat Àss."He snarled at me. I rolled m eyes.

"FAWN! Hey girl wassup." Lisa chirped. I'm still trying to figure out why is she married to the douche bag.