Truth or Dare: Chapter 11

No child is immune to peer pressure.  ~Kathi Hudson

By the time Friday lunch came along, I was settling into my schedule perfectly.  I managed to avoid glancing or drooling over Mr.Pophead which to my great satisfaction, meant that I avoided doing anything remotely embarrassing.  Ethan had also decided to stop following around to both my relief and disappointment.  I had to admit, that kid had something in him besides that egotistical attitude, at least I thought so.  Correct me if I’m wrong.

It was weird not being teased by Ethan for an entire week.  I spent the entire first day getting teased by him, and then suddenly he stops?  Also, Ever’s opinions kept on echoing in my mind.  I think he likes you.  I pondered it over and over again, finally discarding it as nonsense.  Despite knowing him for only a week, I was starting to get attracted too.  When he wasn't busy acting like a know-it-all or a show-off, he was pretty sweet, not to mention smart.  He helped me with my Spanish homework the other day, and I know for sure I got a hundred on that one.

Speaking of which, my parents weren’t kidding about education in California being far superior compared to the one I received back in Nevada.  I had to actually work to earn that A I had always gotten so easily in Vegas, and trust me, it was hard.  But the job was made simpler by the fact that none, and I mean none, of my friends at Villa Park currently owned any social networking site, due to the fact that everyone is literally within ten minutes of each other.  Thus, I managed to get over my facebook obsession and move onto more important things.

Like researching about skateboards, skateboarding, and skaters and anything that started with a 's-k-a-t-e-r', incase during lunch one of my new friends decide to give me a pop quiz.

For example, did you know the skateboard was invented in 1965?

Yea, I didn’t know that either.  

I took a quick drink of my water.  So far only me, Chez, and Aiden were at the table; Aiden and Chez so involved with each other, that I politely looked away, instead interesting myself in another conversation from a different table.

“Boo.”

Startled, I jumped up from the lunch table, water spewing from my mouth.  Turning around, I glared at Ever laughing her head off.  “So not funny.”  I scowled, grabbing a bunch of napkins to wipe off my soaked shirt.  I glimpsed down at my now soggy sandwich, and decided that I was done eating, not that I ever started. 

“I can’t believe I get you every single time.”  She said gleefully, ignoring my scathing look.  I rolled my eyes, and dropped the napkins and my soggy sandwich in the nearest trashcans.  “Any plans this weekend?”  She asked, once I came back.

“Does eating and sleeping count?”  I shrugged.

“Depends.  How would you like to come to a skate park with some of my friends?”  Ever asked.  My breath caught in my throat as I registered her last question.  Skate park?  Need I repeat my embarrassing flaw that I can’t skateboard.

“With skateboards?’  I asked stupidly, before I realized what I said.

“No, with ponies.”  Ever replied sarcastically.

“Oh,”  I said, relieved, not registering the sarcasm.  “Where do I find a pony?”

“That was sarcasm, smart one.”  Ever said, shaking her head.  I stared blankly at her.  I was kind of hoping it wasn’t.  Ponies I can handle; skateboards I can’t.

“Oh,”  I mentally slapped myself for acting so stupid.  Ponies at a skate park?  I could only wish.

“Well?”  She probed, after a moment of silence.  At that moment, Chez and Aiden finally looked at us, actually looking interested in seeing the newcomer skateboard, correction, attempt to skateboard.