Truth or Dare: Chapter 40

***A/N: UPLOADED!  Actually, I got the entire thing planned out down to the very details so I should be (should be) uploading more often now.  Although, I've been saying that the past few chapters so it kind of lost its meaning... sorry!!!  But, I hope this will be great and I'll definitely try by Monday!

<-- Vote?! Comment?!VV  The Watty Awards are drawing to a close!

By the way, by a request, I tried to make this lighter/more humorous.  Hopefully, it doesn't sound bad. *awkward laughter* which, by the way, is dedicated to YMangaL for the suggestion(; Enjoy!
***************************************************************************************************************

A playful path is the shortest road to happiness.  ~Unknown

The sky was a beautiful shade of blue, the clearest kinda imaginable, and the high sun shone with a brightness that could be rivaled by no other.  Nearby were several trees and bushes, lining the area I was sitting in.  And slightly to the right was a food stand that smelled like heaven and to the other side was the bathroom.  The air was filled with enthusiasm that was frosted lightly with excitement to the point of perfection.  So naturally, this was suppose to be a nearly perfect day, right?

Wrong.

In fact, I probably looked like a loser, sitting on a bench by myself  Yea, that’s right, a bench.  Waiting for Ethan who was taking his sweet time in the bathroom for who knows what reasons.

Sighing, I briefly went back to how the day had gone.  There was only one word to possibly describe it.  And that word was awkward. 

The day was pure awkward.

From the moment we started walking towards the fair and having little to nothing to talk about to when he excused himself to go use the bathroom.  Awkward.  Even when we were on the rides-- those were awkward too.  It was as if an invisible line now divided the both of us.  In truth, I’m not sure why we were acting like this.  Maybe because it was so recent after the whole ordeal and the feelings still felt raw and open.

My eyes widened suddenly as I noticed two very familiar people walking towards the food stand in front of me.   One with dirty blonde hair and the other with black hair.  Dustin and Blake.  Indecisively, I stood up hesitantly, wondering whether or not I should go out and meet them or just sit here and pretend that I hadn’t seen a thing.

Finally, grinding my teeth in determination, I walked up behind them.  With as much dignity as I could muster up, I placed a hand on each of their shoulders and at the same time, hoping beyond all hope to startle them.

Instead of the response I had hoped for, I got a blank look from both of them.  “Not scared?”  I said a bit sheepishly.

“Kylie.”  Blake let out a long drawn out yawn.  “Was I suppose to be scared?”

“That would help.”  I grinned, my mood suddenly uplifted.

“Blake,”  Dustin reprimanded, pushing him slightly over.  “You have to do something like this.”  Suddenly, he let out a high pitched, shrilly scream that attracted the attention of half the fair.  I quickly slapped a hand across his mouth, feeling a redness creep into my cheek from the sudden attention I got from everyone.

“Shut up,”  I hissed under my breath angrily, but my slight smile gave it all away.

“Stranger danger!”   Blake screamed, grabbing me from behind.  

“Blake!”

“Kylie!”  he mimicked.

Narrowing my eyes, I briefly looked back at Dustin who was holding his stomach in laughter.  Frustrated, I wiggled out of his grasp, before stepping back and standing akimbo towards them.  “What are you guys doing here?”