Truth or Dare: Chapter 43

A/N: I'm. So. Sorry.  My busy-ness in life is no excuse T-T  Anyways I'm going to stop talking and let you read... I hope you enjoy this :D  

************************************************************************************************************

A life without love is like a year without summer. ~Swedish Proverb

I immediately began to recognize the blur of the trees and within just a few short minutes, Blake had pulled into a parking spot in a very familiar area near a place that was embarrassingly familiar to me.  “Couldn’t we have just walked here?”  I asked, turning slightly to the side to face him.

“Just walk here?  And waste all that energy?”  he asked.

“What?  Can’t manage ten minutes?”  I retorted back sarcastically.

“How’d you guess?”  He smiled cheekily before swinging out of his truck and going to the back.  Grinning slightly to myself, I got out as well, walking to the back to see what he was doing.

“I’ve decided,” he said broadly, pulling his head out from behind the car and holding two very familiar objects in his hands, “that we might as well make some use out of today.”  

“No,”  I said stubbornly, staring blankly at the skateboards he held casually.

“Why not?”

“Because.”

“Afraid?”  he teased.

I bit my lip nervously, refusing to respond.  Taking my silence as a yes, he grabbed my hand and led me to a sidewalk that ran through the park.  “Blake,”  I said, cautiously eyeing the board on four wheels and definitely not liking the options I currently had.

“Yes?”

“Can’t we go do something else?  Like see a movie?”

“Nope.”  He smirked at me, setting down the skateboard by my feet.  

“Who told you I can’t skate, anyways?”  I grumbled.

“You have no idea how much you pop up in conversations.”

“That’s awkward,”  I said, flushing slightly at the thought and feeling a tad bit uncomfortable.  Avoiding his gaze, I picked up the skateboard and tried my best to think of all those movies and pictures of people skateboarding.  It can’t be that hard, I thought with determination, setting it back down again.  After all, I had kinda done it before and it would just be like last time.  Only my balance should be better.

“Need help?”  he broke the silence tauntingly.

“No,”  I shot back trying to hide the shakiness from my voice.

“Alright then,”  he hopped on his skateboard with perfect balance, “I’ll meet you at the end.”  With that, he took off, leaving me staring at him with half amusement and half annoyance.  

“Show off,”  I grumbled under my breath before eyeing my board warily.  Not that hard, I thought over and over again to myself.   Slowly, I placed on foot on the skateboard, trying to feel the perfect balance.  With grim determination, I took my other foot off the ground and pushed off.  Traveling for a mere foot, the skateboard proceeded to shoot out from under me, causing me to fall painfully on my butt.

“Ow,”  I winced slightly, feeling all the heat rush up to my cheeks.  

“Great job,”  Blake teased, skating back and sticking out his hand for me, “you looked absolutely stunning with that little twist, turn, and fall.  Where’d you learn that from?”