Truth or Dare: Chapter 13

***Authors Note: You guys are the best :D  I can't stop saying that.  anyways, sorry to keep you all waiting, stupid internet wouldn't work, anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter ^-^

************************************************************************************************************

Friends help you up when you get knocked down.  Best friend laugh at you, saying how stupid you looked falling.  ~Unknown.

“If you had to pick one person to go out with in the entire school, who would it be?”

His question completely threw me off guard.  I expected something more reasonable like: Tell us the last time you peed your pants.  Not this.  “Whaa…” I drifted off, trying to think of a good answer.  

“You heard me.”  There was that stupid smirk again. 

“Do people on posters count?”  I asked, wishing that it did, but knowing full well the real answer.  “I mean, they are real enough, and technically they do go to the school because their poster is there and all.”  I tried desperately to no avail.

“Nope.”  

“No one, then.”  I lied with finality, nervously wringing my hands.  

“I don’t believe that.”  Ethan smiled slyly.

“Well, you should,”  I said flatly, trying to sound thoroughly irritated.  He shook his head bemusedly.

“Come on,”  Ethan pressed.  “I know this one guy that everyone in the school, girls and guys, would die to go out with.  In fact, he‘s so sexy, he could make straight guys go gay.”  He waggled his eyebrows suggestively, and I rolled my eyes at his attempt to make himself look good.

“Oh really?  I didn’t know that Alex Pettyfer came to our school.”  I said with sarcasm dripping from my voice.

“It’s someone way better looking than Alex Pedo-Fur.”  He responded, purposely sounding the name wrong.  Glaring at him, I took a glance around the circle at anyone who might help me escape this situation.  Unfortunately, they all stared back at me, wide eyed and innocent, with that expression that clearly said ‘this is turning to be a very interesting game’.  There was no way I was going to admit that I liked him; maybe a lot more than I meant to.  Feeling embarrassed at the thought, I quickly pushed it out of my mind.

“The name is Pettyfer, Mr. Egotistical Jerk,”  I snapped.  He suddenly got up from his spot between Ever and Chris, and came to sit next to me, pushing Chez out of the way to her great dismay.  As if on cue, my heart picked up it’s pace a bit, at the close proximities.

“I can call him whatever I want, Miss I-refuse-to-answer-a-simple-question,”  He smirked amusingly, seeing my now red face.  His face leaned closer to mine, and quickly I brushed away any embarrassing thoughts that popped into my mind.

“No you can’t.”  I backed away from him, shooting him a scathing look.  He responded with a large grin

“Are we allowed to place bets in the middle of truth or dare?”  Chris interrupted, with a very eager look on his face.

“I bet you a bag of skittles from the vending machines on Monday that Kylie is going to say someone in this room.”  Ever said eagerly, holding out her hand to Chris, and winking at me. 

“No way, I’m placing that side of the bet.”  Chris refused stubbornly, crossing his hands across his chest.

You know you have great friends when they start betting while you are in a helpless situation.