Chapter Three

Perries P.O.V

I don’t know why Zayn invited me over. I mean, I heard him on the phone! I guess it’s just so we can finish this project quicker and he can get away from me.

I'm waiting for him outside for him. In front of me was a huge parking lot, filled with the finest of cars. I wish I had a car. I had to walk 9km to and from school every day. Steve, my stepfather, would never let me get a car. I was slowly saving for money though, in whatever way I could. I just wanted enough to go to University or even get just out of here. I just want to get out of here.

I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see Zayn approaching me. “Hey Perrie.” He smiled nicely at me. He had his bag slung over his shoulder and approached me until we were standing about three feet apart.

“H-Hey Zayn.” I stuttered. God I hated my stutter. I’ve had for as long as I can remember, and all it’s ever brang me is pain. Because of it I get beaten, bullied and I have no friends what so-ever. It’s why I’m so smart. I never do anything but read. I love it. When I’m reading it’s like I’m living someone else’s life and not my awful one.

“So are you coming or not...?” Zayn looked at me, awaiting my answer.

“Y-yeah.” I pulled my bag closer to me as I followed Zayn to his car. I don’t really know anything about cars, but I could tell this was an expensive one. It was black and sleek, with a red interior and leather seats. I got in the passenger seat and waited for him to get in. I bounced my knee up and down nervously. He got in the car and drove away from the school.

The car ride was silent, except for the occasional humming from Zayn, complimenting whatever song was on the radio. When we finally arrived at Zayn’s house I was amazed. It was huge! 3 storeys, all white except the shutters that were blue. The driveway was long, and was made out of polished concrete and all the way up there were trees lining the sides. It had a huge front yard that was littered with different types of flowers, the grass all immaculately green.

Zayn parked his car in a huge garage that had about 10 other cars in it. All sports cars of course. We got out and he grabbed by hand and led me to a door that goes into the house. Holy shit he’s holding my hand. He continued leading me, we went up a staircase, took a left, a right, this house is like a maze. He went into an enormous room. In the middle of the room was a king sized bed, to the left was a desk and the right side of the room was storage. For clothes I assume. He went and put his bag down on the desk and pulled out his English books.

I stood there awkwardly. What am I meant to do? I’ve never been to a house like this. Especially not with someone like Zayn. He’s amazing. He’s tall, lean and has deep brown eyes that I could get lost in. And then there’s me. Untamed hair, gross face, and skinnier than any girl should be. I’m not skinny because I want to be, It’s just that I have to buy all the food in my house and I’d rather save it for when I go to Uni. Steve never lets me eat the food we have anyway, so I don’t see the point in buying it in the first place.

“Perrie?” Zayn’s voice got my attention. He gestured for me to sit across from him. He was sitting cross-legged on the floor. He spread his books around him. I slowly sat across from him and did the same. He smiled widely at me.

“So how was your day?” he asked.

Shit. As usual. “I-it was f-fine.” I mumbled back.

A curious look came onto his face. “You’re lying.” He stated bluntly.

My eyes widened. “N-No I’m N-not. What w-would make you s-say t-that?” I spoke quickly. He looked at me with a sad expression on his face. He moved closer to me and pulled me to his chest.