Chapter TwentyThree

Zayn

"Perrie, wake up." I shook her sleeping form lightly. "Babe, it's Christmas eve and I want to go do something!"

She moaned slightly and rolled over so that she was facing away from me, and more snuggled into the blankets.

"Not right now, okay? M-maybe later."

"It's one o'clock in the afternoon." I said bluntly.

"Oh?"

"Yep." I said, popping the 'p'. "And I'd really like to spend it with you, so if you wouldn't mind getting up, that would be great."

She giggled slightly and turned her head to look at me. "I've b-been thinking..."

"Yeah?"

"I want to show you some p-places. I don't want to h-hide from you anymore." She moved her body to face me completely. "I-I want you to know everything, and that involves seeing everything."

"Alright."

Eleanor

"Happy birthday!" I opened Louis' door and shouted.

He looked up from his desk, where he was on his computer, surprised but happy to see me.

"El!" He ran up to me and hugged me tightly. "I didn't know you were coming!"

"How could I miss your birthday?"

He leaned in and kissed me softly. "I'm so happy you're here." He whispered.

I looked at him and realised how sad he looked. His eyes were slightly red like he had been crying and his shirt was wrinkled, like he had been thrashing and turning all night.

"What's wrong Louis?"

"It's nothing."

"It obviously isn't."

"It;s just that... she hasn't even talked to me. No ones wished me a happy birthday, there isn't even a gift for me under the Christmas tree. I just want Mum to acknowledge me. It was better when she yelled at me, now it's like I don't exist."

"Oh Lou..."

"But it's fine. Things will get better. I'm going to make them better."

Harry

"Harry give it back!" I held Claire's pen above my head and out of her reach.

She was attempting to do homework on Christmas Eve, but I would have none of it.

"Nope! It's Christmas eve! I refuse to sit in a room and study."

"But Harry-"

"No buts. Now get dressed in warm clothes, we're going out."

"Harry please-"

I brought the pen down and placed it on the desk behind me. She reached for it, but I grabbed her hand and kissed it lightly.

"C'mon. We'll go to the bakery and I'll make you one of those cakes you like."

She looked at me hesitantly.

"I'm not sure..."

"But I am."

"I don't even like Christmas though-"

"Well that's something I'm going to change. I know you don't have the best time when it comes to family events, but I'm here now. All I want to do is make you happy." I whispered the last part hoping that she would respond to my plea.