Chapter Seventeen

Perrie's P.O.V

I wondered aimlessly through the school, avoiding all other people. I had just had my third session with Elise and it was absolutely grueling. I didn't realize it would be this hard, but in the end I know it will be worth it. We did all these talking exercises and things which sound really easy to people who can talk normally, but to me and others with the same problem, it can be really hard.

My avoiding techniques must be awful, because I can hear people cat-calling and walking up to me. I just quickened my pace but turned my head to see who it was. It was a small group of boys that I knew were on the school's soccer team. Tom, the guy who constantly accused me of being a prostitute, looked to be the ring leader.

Oh god no.

I made a wide u-turn, trying to go around them and head back to the main buildings. My lessons with Elise happened during period four, but we finished early because I had worn my self out. This unfortunately means that everyone I know is still in class.

"Oi Perrie! We heard Malik's been hiring ya lately!" Tom yelled. I ignored him and kept walking but I could hear them get closer and closer. "Don't ignore me when I talk to you." I felt him grab my forearm.

"I-I'm s-sorry." I said. The look in Toms eyes scared me, to say the least.

"You better be." His friends started laughing and it brought tears to my eyes. I didn't need this. I get enough shit everywhere else.

I looked into the faces of his four friends, Siva, Max, Jay and Nathan. I don't know how they ever made any friends. Maybe that's why they are though. People of similar personalities are commonly friends and these guys are all dickheads.

Why should I have to be afraid of them? All they are, are insecure boys who play out their misguided feelings on people who can't defend themselves. And I'm sick of it. If being with Zayn and finally having friends after all this time taught me anything it's that I'm a person too. I don't deserve what's happened to me. It not my fault, it shouldn't be happening and it needs to stop. I'm fed up with being the silly little girl who has no idea how to fight back and would never try even if she did.

"A-actually I'm not sorry." Him and his friends stopped laughing and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm n-not sorry. I never did anything to you, I don't deserve this treatment."

"Well look who's gotten all high and mighty. Malik must be screwing you good huh?" Jay and Max snickered while Siva and Nathan looked slightly uncomfortable.

"Well at least I'm g-getting some. No sane girl would come within 100 miles of you." I saw Nathan grin but Tom's smile turned into a sneer.

"Careful what you say blondie. You wouldn't want to offend any of us."

"I don't care how you feel. I-I honestly don't."

"Stupid bitch." He tried to grab my arm but I pushed him away.

"Don't t-touch me."

"I'll do whatever the fuck I want." He tried again but I pushed his hand away and slapped him across the face. The sound echoed through the empty yard and I flinched at the noise. I could already see a huge hand imprint from where my hand connected to his face.

He gently placed his hand over the mark and hissed in pain. He glared at me and moved forward. So I did what any smart person would do. I ran away.

***

Zayn sat next to me, smiling at me proudly.

"I saw his face, you must of hit him hard."

"I didn't realise that would happen. I-I kind of feel bad." He moved in closer to me and placed a kiss on my cheek. He intertwined his hands with mine and brought them to his lips and pecked my hand.

"Don't feel bad. He deserved it." I leaned into him and closed my eyes.

I was absolutely content. Despite some drawbacks, my life was the best it had been since my mother died. I finally had someone who loved me, after all this time.

"Hey Perrie?"

"Mhm."

"My fathers having this huge benefit for the hospital and I was wondering if you'd be my date."

"Benefit?"

"Their fundraising for the new cancer wing. I don't really understand to be honest. They spend all this money just to have a party, why not just donate that money? It's kind of stupid and I'm telling you it's going to be boring, but I can't see myself not have fun if your there."

"I w-would love to go."

"Good." He turned my head with his free hand and kissed me slowly. "Do you have something to wear? Or would you like me to take you shopping?"

"Can't I just w-wear the clothes I have?" He chuckled softly and wrapped his arms around me.

"It's very formal. The last time I went, the woman dressed up like they were going to the Grammy's or Oscars. I had to put on this overpriced suit too."

That could be an issue. I certainly don't have any clothes like that already and there's no way I could afford something like that on my own.

"Zayn."

"Yeah?"

"I-I can't." His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Can't what?"

"G-go. I can't afford something like that. I-I would just end u-up embarrassing you." Zayn fully turned so that he was directly looking at me. He squeezed both my hands in his and gave me a serious look.

"You could never embarrass me. I love you and you could turn up wearing a two dollar dress from an op shop and you would still be the most beautiful girl in the whole room."

"Y-you say that now..."

"And I'll say it as many time as I need to for you to understand it." He placed and light kiss to my lips."

"I," Kiss, "Love," Kiss, "You." Kiss. "And nothing is ever going to change that."

A/N

Yeah so I haven't updated in forever and I'm really sorry. And I'm also aware this is shit so sorry.

ok well... bye then.

P.s. Read Lost please. Again, it's way better than this fic.

P.p.s. I thought I would give you all a Christmas present, because I love you all so much. So I'm going to do a Zerrie Mini Fic that will be posted either before or on Christmas! It's not going to be an AU like this one but I'll think you'll like it anyway! It going to be called 'Our Little Secret' and the covers on the side. And the prolouge will be up soon, if not right now.

P.p.p.s This is dedicated to Eddie_bear777 because she is one of my best friends and loves this fic so much (even though she's not allowed to read it, I just tell her what happens and I lied to her originally and said it wasn't me who read it but like a few weeks ago she figured it out and freaked like hell because she's emotionally attached and yeah).