Chapter TwentyFour

Zayn's P.O.V

The fire place was pretty much the only thing lighting up the room. It was about 8 o'clock am and Mum, Dad, the girls, Perrie and I were all gathered in our informal living room, surrounding the Christmas tree. Presents were scattered all around and I'm amazed that my sisters were able to hold off this long in opening them.

"Okay Safaa, you first." My mum said.

She squealed in excitement and ripped open the first present she saw with her name on it. "To Safaa from Mum and Dad." She read out. She found inside the delicate wrapping paper a small intricate locket. When she opened it, it had a picture of Mum and Dad in one, and Doniya and Walihya in the other. "Thank you." She gave them both a hug and turned to her other presents.

As well as the locket, she also got a painting from me, gift vouchers from Walihya, money from Doniya and a small box from Perrie.

"It's meant to be a j-jewellery box."

"It's perfect."

Doniya got a jumper from Perrie, a necklace identical to Safaa's from Mum and Dad (the second picture had Safaa and Walihya though) and a camera from me.

Walihya got a locket too, a skirt from Perrie, money from Doniya and a bracket from me.

It was my turn for presents and I was curious as to what Perrie got me. Yesterday she told me it was something that she knew I would like and was very inexpensive. I was glad. She had spent so much money on the girls, she even got my parents a gift. When I asked her where she had got the money from, she said that she decided that she was no longer saving to go to university, and spent some of the money she had on us.

I, thankfully, did not get a girly locket from my parents and instead a Rolex with all my sibling and Mum and Dad's names engraved on the back. I also got a combined present from my sisters, a complete box set of all the Power Rangers TV series' ever made.

"We got the idea from Perrie." Doniya admitted.

"Well thank you. I absolutely love it."

"I'll give you-u the present from me later." Perrie whispered in my ear.

"Okay." I whispered back.

I saw my family's faces turn guilty. I looked at them curiously. "Why so sullen?"

"We're so sorry." My mother said. She was looking and speaking directly at Perrie.

"W-why?"

"Because we didn't think you would get us all gifts, and we didn't want you to feel like you owed us anything so we didn't get you anything. We're so sorry Perrie. We can go shopping tomorrow for the boxing day sales and you can get whatever you want."

Perrie eyes widened and she started stammering. "N-no! You have g-given me everything I-I have ever wanted just b-by letting me stay h-here and h-have a home. I a-am so grateful f-for everything and y-you really, really don't n-need to buy me anything. I already have e-everything I need."

"Oh sweetie, we feel terrible. Just let us get you one thing that you want? Name anything and it's yours."

"N-nothing."

"I got you something." I interrupted. They all turned to look at me.

"Y-you did?"

I scoffed. "Of course I did." I leaned in closer to her so that only she could hear me. "You keep seeming to forget that I love you."

She blushed profusely. "Zayn..."

I shut her up with a quick kiss, which earned an 'aww' from my mum and a gag from my sisters. I reached into my back pocket to get the ring I had bought her from the charity auction. I didn't want to leave it under the tree, I was a bit paranoid about losing it.