Chapter Five

Chapter Five:

Perries P.O.V

“We could go on a date?”

I stood there shocked. A date? Isn’t he with Rebecca? And last time I checked he hated me.

“U-um what about r-Rebecca?”

“What about Rebecca?”

“She’s y-your girlfriend and you j-just asked me on a date?”

Zayn’s cheeks reddened.

“Well......... we like...... she won’t be mad........”

“Zayn she your girlfriend I-I think she’d be m-mad.”

“No! Because........... We broke up! Yep that’s it. We broke up.”

“Oh. I’m s-sorry to hear that.”

He looked down at his feet.  We stood there awkwardly for about a minute.

Zayn cleared his throat and looked at me. “So do you want to go or not?”

Did I? I was still really confused about the whole Rebecca thing. And how he used to hate me but now doesn’t. Well doesn’t enough to ask me on a date.

“You know what don’t worry. Of course someone as wonderful as you wouldn’t go on a date with me. It was dumb for me to ask.”

He turned around and picked up his school bag. I could see his hands rubbing his eyes. Did I make him cry?

“You can go if you want. We're way ahead on the project so don’t worry about it.” He started making his way upstairs.

“z-Zayn wait!” I jogged up the stairs until I was standing on the one below him. I looked up at him, twiddling my thumbs in nervousness.

“I-I’d love to go on a date w-with you.”

A huge smile broke across his face and he engulfed me in a hug. He pulled back and kissed my cheek making me blush. He grabbed my hand, making me blush harder, and pulled me down the stairs.

We got into his car and he quickly drove away.

“w-where are we going?”He took my hand again over the console of the car and smiled, but kept his eyes on the road.

“It’s a surprise.”

*

After driving for about 15 minutes we arrived at a small cafe called La Maison Rose. The building was bright pink and had green shutters. Despite it’s out there appearance, it looked inviting. As we entered the cafe I looked around. The walls were a deep red and the floor was made of a light timber. To the left there was a counter and display, filled with different types of pastries and muffins and everything you could imagine from a cafe. Zayn led me over to a small brown table for two.

“Have you been here before?” He asked me.

“n-no.”

He nodded thoughtfully. He picked up one of the menu’s and looked over it, leaving me to do the same. We did this for the next 5 minutes, just making small talk to break the awkward silences.

Eventually a waiter came over to take our order. He was tall and had sandy blond hair.

“Hello, my names Ethan. I’ll be your waiter this evening. What can I get you gorgeous?” He looked straight at me, ignoring Zayn.

“U-um I’ll have the um...... custard scroll thank you. And a velvet cupcake. And also one of those muffin-thingy’s that look like Elmo.”

He raised his eyebrows. “That all?”