Chapter 1

Marshall's P.O.V

"Marshall gimme my hat back!" Fionna had shouted. She jumps in attempt to snatch her bunny hat back. Her thick golden locks bounced slightly as she jumped, and falling back gracefully down to her lower back. She was 7 at the time, still wasn't used to being without it. But her age didn't stop her from jumping up and giving me a round house kick in the chest.

"Okay, Okay you little fart! Here!" I tossed the bunny hat towards her. She immediately put it back on.

" Every time you come here you take my hat! Why does it fascinate you so much?" She scolded, placing her tiny fists on her hips.

"Maybe because I want to!", I scowl, "And it doesn't 'fascinate' me it just annoys me. Besides I'm The Vampire King do I need a reason?" I said making a scary face at her.

She giggled a little then poked my cheek as I was still sitting on the ground.

She sat down next to me, playing with the grass. She suddenly turned to me, curiosity and fatigue clouding her eyes. "Hey Marsh? How old are you?" she asked rubbing her eyes. I knew she wad tired. It was only 9:00 but I have remember she's only seven.

I sighed and picked her up. She had a tired, but confused look on her face. "I'm over a thousand years old." I sigh, rolling my eyes. She nodded and put her head on my shoulder.

"Wow, your old. But at least you answered one of my questions for once."she said poking my cheek again.

Once I got in the house I headed for her bed room.

Once I got there I pulled back the cover and tucked her in. Cake and Jake would be back in an hour or so like they said. They had asked me and my sister Marceline to babysit Fionna and Finn because they had to go visit her weird hybrid cat Monocromicorn and dog Rainacorn babies.

Normally we would've said no, but just being around these little suckers makes us happy,so we babysit them on a regular basis.

Once I put her to bed I went downstairs and joined my sister on the couch. She was cradling Finn in her arms he was wide awake and watch T.V.

"She asleep?" Marcy asked

"Yeah " I looked down at Finn who was very engrossed in his movie.

" Isn't it time you joined your little sis, dude?" I say, ruffling his golden blonde hair.

Finn is year older than Fionna, and he is more stubborn. He scowled at me then turned back to his movie. I grabbed him and gave him a noogie.

"OW MARSHALL STOP!! OKAY, OKAY I'M GOING!" he laughed.

He gave my sister and me a hug, said goodnight and headed upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple hours had passed and Jake and Cake werent home yet. They had called to tell us that they were spending the night with there babies to give the Corns a break.

Marceline had gone to sleep in one of the two guest rooms upstairs. But since Finn was scared to go to sleep by himself, because Jake sleeps in his room, he is sleeping with her.

It wasn't long before I heard a small whimper come from Fionna's room. I walked in Fionna's room to see her sitting up in her bed, hugging her legs,her face buried in them, though she wasn't crying.

"Hey Fi , it's 1'o clock. What are you still doing up?" She didn't reply, all she did was pick her head up. I walked over to her bed and sat down next to her.

"Was it a nightmare?" I asked. She nodded her head. I sighed and looked at her.

"How 'bout I lay here with you until you fall asleep. That way you wont have a nightmare again." I say. She nodded again and laid down. She stuck one of her thumbs in her mouth an held my hand with her other hand.

She was barely asleep when she said "Y'know Marsh, You're not that bad." She said, scooting closer to me.

Seeing that she was almost fully asleep, I started to get up. Fionna then lazily half opened one eye and looked at me. I chuckled a little and laid back down.

I was facing her and looking and her gentle sleeping face. As I was drifting, she scooted closer until her head was under my chin.

I placed my hand on the back of her head and kissed her forehead.

Then sleep washed over me.

_____________________________

A/N

Yep first chapter here you go!

For those of you who have been reading this since the beginning, yes I did edit this a little.....okay a lot.

I'm going to be editing all my chapters ( the earlier ones of course ) because what 13 year old me wrote, and all the errors I put really bothered me, making me face palm x10.

Eh, well THERE YUH GO!

~Jo