Chapter 21

Fionna's P.O.V

"C'mon get in already!" Marshall said from the middle of the lake. I was at the side of the wretched thing, refusing to get in.

"But what if I drown!?" I whined. Of course I wasn't stupid enough to believe that I would actually drown. The water stopped at the bottom of Marshall's chest. Since I'm a bit smaller than him, it would come up halfway to my shoulders.

"Fionna. You can't be serious. This is ridiculous." he said coming out of the water. I had a horrible time getting used to ocean water, and I'll be damned if I don't with this lake water.

"Y'know I don't like water!" I pout, crossing my arms.

"That's it." He huffed throwing me over his shoulder and floating above the water. I screamed and thrashed around trying to get out of his grip.

"Marshall Lee Abadeer! Put me down right now!" I shouted kicking my feet. He stopped above the water and smirked.

"Are you sure?" He drawled out

"Yes! W-Wait n-" It was too late. He tossed me off of his shoulder, but I wrapped my arms around his neck as he did, bringing him in the water along with me.

I resurfaced the same time as him and coughed a little bit. "What the junk Lee!?" I yelled at him, pushing water into his face.

"I had to get you in somehow!" He yelled back laughing and flipping his wet hair out of his eyes.

I huffed.

I had to admit, the water did feel nice and warm. It couldn't be too bad.

"Now give me your hands." he said

I rolled my eyes and gave them to him. He took them and told me to lift my feet so I was floating. I did so and he started pulling me around.

After a while he told me to start kicking and glide my arms under the water. I thought I looked like a wounded tailbeast trying to swim with a broken leg, but Marshall told me I was doing good.

So after 3 hours in the water, I finally learned how to swim. I was floating on my back with my arms behind my head. Wow, he was right. This feels so relaxing.

Wait a minute where is he? I look around and see no one. I look in the corner, where the most shadows are, and see him swimming towards me.

"Oh no..." I say as I quickly try to swim towards the edge. Sadly, I am just a human and I wasn't fast enough. I took one big breath before he yanked me down by my legs.

Once I was under, I scowled at him and tried to resurface. He smirked at me and grabbed my face with his hands before I could.

Is he trying to drown me? I am, like, 5 seconds away from running out of breath.

I gave him a panicked look and pointed towards the surface. He shook his head and leaned in and put his lips to mine. This still didn't help my situation.

I was about the pull away when I felt him breath into me. Whoa okay, that's new. I went with it for a while. We were under the water for what seemed like hours, but it was only 3 minutes.

I resurfaced before he did and took a breath of fresh air. I look at him and smile a little. "What was that all about?" I ask

He just shrugged and got out, "Just trying something new with my girl." He said with a wink and helped me out.

I shake my head and smile. I wrap my towel around me and dry off. Once done, I put on my shirt and pants.

"Hey Fionna." Marshall suddenly asks. I turn toward him and see a smirk in his face. "Have you ever been to a night club?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marshall's P.O.V

Okay, yes, I know it wasn't cool to wipe her memory. I also know it wasn't right to stall. But in all honesty, she's slept better than she has in some time, plus she's back to her happy self. Though it wasn't the right thing to do, it was the best.

I plan to keep her away from school for as long as I possibly can. I even contacted Principle Aray and told him of my problem. He told me he was sorry for his son's behavior and that we could stay out for as long as we need.

I was sitting on the couch waiting for my lovely girlfriend to get dressed. Earlier in the cave I had asked her if she'd ever been clubbing. Of course the answer was no.

I thought maybe if we just chill and have fun, I'll relax a little more. Hopefully.

I then hear bounding upstairs and then see Fionna climbing down the latter. Whoa she looked hot!

She had on short, shorts with fishnets under them with white hightop converse sneakers. She also had on a sky blue crop -top with design on it, and her hair was in a long ponytail.

"Uh, Marshy, you're drooling." she said with a giggle. I quickly snap out of my trance and wipe my face.

"Well you look good." I say, kissing her cheek. We then head outside. As soon as I close the door, I grab her forearm and she grabs mine, as I start to fly.

Five minutes later we are at a big cave near the Candy Kingdom. "Intremus" I say. There is then a ripple in the entrance of the cave and a metal door appears through the glamour made around it.

She looks at me in awe as I pull her through the door. We are then blasted with loud bass and flashing lights. "Sweet!" I hear Fionna say.

She pulls me toward the middle of the floor and starts to dance. We went on for hours. Dancing on each other, twirling, fist pumping. It was awesome! I can't remember when, but we somehow had gotten ahold if some glow sticks and color powder.

Everyone was dancing and throwing the color powder everywhere. I was soon colored in gold, red and silver, and Fionna in sky blue, pink, and green. Of course I would steal a kiss or two from time to time.

This truly was what I......no what we both needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fionna's P.O.V

"I'm gonna go get some drinks." Marshall yelled over the music. I nodded and continued to dance.

Wow this is awesome! I wouldn't even be mad if I came here every night. This truely is the best night of my life- whoa what smells so sweet? So sickly sweet. Wait why are my eyes so heavy? What's happening?!

"Just stay calm my princess." I heard before I blacked out.

_________________________________
A/N

Okay, Two things to cover in this Author's Note. One: I am very aware that this is late. I do not appreciate comments like "I'm trying to be patient" or any of that. I had an unexpected event happen and I was taking care of it. Guys if I say I'll update, I will. It shouldn't matter when. Though some comments on me updating are cute ^^, if you must do it that way, okay?

And Two: you know who you are when I say this. Do not point out small flaws in my book. Please keep that to yourself. Though I am open to suggestions, please don't push it.

Okay well that's about it! The next chapter will be out soon, hopefully. But just know that I love you guys and am thankful for your support! Love you guys!

~Jo