Bonded Till Bitter Ends

Past lives always catch up to those who wish to forget. Your shadow is your only friend, as they always say. As you are born into this world you make your first friend. Also an infant, you and your friend bond. You don't speak, you just watch. You speak with thoughts. Your friend is a shadow, not your shadow, a shadow you've met before. A friend who remained with you from your past life.

As you are born into this world you are weighed on a scale, the scale tests you a split second before you emerge into the lights of the hospital room. And you and one other are tested. One is chosen for the light, to be physical, to enter the world as a full being. The other, is to help, to assist the one whom was their friend in a previous life, to become their ever living shadow. 

They grow up. Still friends. They survive together, helping each other out when no one else would. Every soul has their shadow, and every shadow has their soul. The souls are blind, only seeing their shadow in the crowds of humans and figures that are other shadows. The humans cannot see other peoples shadows without help from their friend, who can give their partner enlightenment. All is perfect. All are known. And none are abandoned, the scale rulers made sure of that.

...

But this is the story of a boy and his shadow, his shadow that he slowly forgot. His shadow whom he slowly let disappear. This is the story of a teenage boy named Nolan, and his shadow, Garid. Friends lost in time, and slowly forgotten in the rivers of memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Characters:

Nolan: Dark brown hair that reaches neck, hazel eyes. Tall lanky build. Wears T-shirts and jeans. Dark jeans and light T-shirts.

Garid: Red hair that hang in eyes slightly, freckles, and blue green eyes. Short. Wears dark clothes, and hoodies.

Canter: Brown hair, blue eyes. Medium height, strong build. Wears sports jerseys and jeans.

Fembi: Blonde hair, green eyes. Tall and fit. Wears black T-shirts and black ripped jeans.

Summery: When best friends from the fifth century Nolan and Garid are reborn, Garid is reborn as Nolan's shadow. Still his best friend, Garid tries to bond with Nolan. Nolan has forgotten everything, from his old life, to how he and his best friend both were drowned in a lake. 

Nolan sees Garid, but tries to ignore him. And as Nolan keeps trying to shun Garid after his attempts to rekindle their almost forgotten friendship, Garid's only friend is now Fembi, Canter's shadow. 

While Nolan tries to ignore Garid, Canter is his best friend, the only one whom he trusts is comforting him. Canter feels concerned for Garid's well being and he and Fembi try to help Nolan realize that he needs his shadow. 

What happens when Nolan realizes the damage he's done to his best friend? When he finally gets his memory back, will it be too late to recover his shadow?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm gonna shut up now....

-Potato Out