Twelve

Author's Note: Sorry it took me so long to update this. I've been revising a lot because I have a shit load of exams at school right now. I'll try to be quicker but in the mean time, enjoy :)

------

After school that day, Andrew seems a little...off. He's more happy than usual. I'm not sure if it's just me, or if Pete notices it too. When we get in the car, Andrew chirpily says hi to us. Pete doesn't say hi back, and when I look at him inquisitively, he looks away.

"Hi," I say casually, trying to be polite.

All the way back, Andrew whistles along to whatever song plays on the radio, which gets irritating for Pete. He keeps sighing loudly and glares at Andrew every now and then. But he doesn't say a word.

When we get out the car, Pete says to Andrew, "You been to Chelsea again?"

Andrew nods with a big smile.

Pete sighs. "Thought so," he says quietly.

As we enter the apartment, Pete perks up. "Pat, you wanna go out tonight?"

Hearing him say "go out" makes my heart skip a beat, but I don't know why.

"I said I'd meet up with Andy and Joe," Pete says. "But you can come, if you want."

I consider this for a moment. I don't really know Andy or Joe very well...but I know Pete. And maybe this is my chance to get to know them.

But then I remember the OCK meet up, and what the OCK did, and what happened, and where that left me. Do I really want to get involved in that again?

"Where would we be going?" I ask slowly.

Pete sighs. "Stupid me. You probably never wanna go out with us again, after what happened."

"No, I do," I say quickly. Too quickly? "I just wanna know where we'd be going."

"Well, you might not trust me after that OCK meet up," Pete says. "But I swear, I won't let anything bad happen to you."

And then, for a reason unknown, I feel made up. He's going to protect me. I'll be safe with him. I feel safe with him.

So how could I refuse to go out with them tonight?

"Then yes," I say, starting to smile. "I will go out with you tonight."

Pete starts smiling too. "Awesome. I said I'd meet them in an hour at the old garage, where the Overcast Kids met last time there was a meet up."

Every time Pete mentions that meet up, or even that day, I feel a rush of sadness. But to avoid worrying him, I just nod and smile.

An hour later, Pete and I make our way to the old garage, where Andy and Joe are waiting for us, smoking. Well, I shouldn't really say "us". They're waiting for Pete, not me.

"Hey guys," Pete says to them, giving them bro hugs.

"Hey!" Joe says with a grin.

Andy grunts a hello and nods to him.

"Um, I brought Patrick with me," Pete says, sounding a little nervous. "I hope that's okay."

Joe grins at me, then gives Pete a smug look. "That's cool," he says, sounding sneaky.

I notice Pete blushing.

"So where are we going?" asks Andy. I think that's the first time I've heard him speak. "You said you had a plan."

Pete nods, looking sly. "I do." He glances at me briefly. "We're going joyriding."

My jaw drops. Going out with them, fine. But joyriding? I did not sign up for this...!