Chapter 8: Ball P/1

Alex's POV-
Ally and I were nor excited about the ball. I could tell on her face at dinner. She was sick of the drama that always happens at the ball. I knew she wasn't going to sing either. That was kinda sad for everyone but her. I went shopping for one day without Ally and got our dresses and stuff for the ball. I got her a gold dress that was wrinkled beautifully. I got me a baby blue dress that was no straps. I got us friendship necklace crystals and I got us flats.

Once I got to Hogwarts I fell asleep. I hoped that I could dream nicely for a week or three days just so I could miss the ball. I mean I loved it in our first year, but last year sunk. Or at least I think I liked my first ball. I guess things could be worse. I could have by accident drunk beer or wine and drank so much I could have gotten drunk. At least I think that's worse.

I woke up by someone shaking me saying, "Wake up, Alex." I opened my eyelids and merely glanced at Ally. She shook me again repeating , "Wake up, Alex."
"Bug off Ally," I murmured. I could tell without looking that Ally was glaring at me.
"It's two o' clock in the morning and Dumbledore wants to see us." She said.
"Sure he does," I said. Gosh go away.I heard her mutter something. She pushed me off of the couch I was sleeping on.
"Ally! What was that for?" I asked.
She was wearing clothes meaning, Dumbledore actually wanted us! I ran up the stairs and got dressed. I ran back down and we walked to Dumbledore's office.
"Liver Lollipops." Ally said. The statue opened to show a staircase. We walked up it. When Dumbledore saw us coming, he smiled. We walked to his desk and sat down in the chairs before him.
"I thought it would be good to have a conversation now. You are old enough to understand. So you both remember you have powers, am I right," we nodded our heads, "Good. Now Ally your powers are some good but I have a feeling you don't want them."
"Yes, Dumbledore. It reminds me too much about my mother..." Ally trailed off to who knows where.
"I see," Dumbledore continued, "I would understand that. My past wasn't very good either. But it wasn't as bad as yours. Now anyways, Ally I must tell you all of your powers. You have eight. Even though I said I would tell you them all I can't tell you four. You must find those yourself.
"Here are your powers. One for each season. Spring is where you can control people's emotions. Fall is wind, you can become the fastest man-uh, woman alive. Summer is heat, you must control your anger though, otherwise you will be on fire. Winter is ice, you can make ice cubes for drinks, very handy.
"Alex your power is that once you are scared of something it comes or changes something to live. I need you two girls to work together. Alex I am pretty sure you don't want your powers either." He said. He laid out a sheet of paper.
I looked at the paper. It said,
Rock, Paper, and Scissor Island,
West Islands,
Eastern Sherlock,
The Field of Mysteries,
Love Island.
"Dumbledore what the heck are these?" I asked.
"Oh those are the names of places. Gosh Alex, can't you tell?" Ally said, rolling her eyes. We have this habit of acting like drama queens, it's called sarcasm.
"Dumbledore before explain these places to dear Alex, I have a question to ask you." Ally said.
"And what is the question," asked Dumbledore.
"You mentioned I could make ice cubes for drinks. How do I do that?"
Dumbledore chuckled at her questions. I burst out laughing.
"What? Dumbledore if you're making me go to a stupid ball, can't I have some icy refreshments?"
Dumbledore took Ally's hand and flattened out her palm. He whispered something I couldn't hear and Ally said, "Ice cube, please."
Her hand made a hole and you could only see black. Then an ice cubes passed thorough the hole and her hole closed up. Ally gasped out of surprise and the ice cube fell out of her hand. I laughed at her. She glared at me.
"Ally, if you practice you could have more than one ice cube, plus you would get faster at it." Dumbledore said.  Ally nodded.
"It is late girls," said Dumbledore, "go back to sleep." We nodded. We walked back to the common room and fell asleep.