Unexpected Gift

Chapter 2

Kendall's POV

"Should we wake her up?" I asked Cara, after the movie was over.

"Nah... She better wake up in the middle of the night with nothing to do while we sleep," Cara said with devilish smirk. "So, when are your parents coming back?"

"Tomorrow morning, I think... They said something about wanting to say goodbye to you." I turned the TV off and put my blanket on Kylie, whom now was bent in the ball murmuring something about gummy bears in her sleep.

Suddenly, a loud thunder sound like a gunshot pierced through the sky.

"Oh man... that shit will keep us awake all night," Cara whined, following me when I walked to the front door, locking it.

"You know, I'm not scared to be alone," I said, when she tailed me to the kitchen.

"I know, just using the opportunity to talk with you."Cara said. God my heart is melting right now.

"So.. why are you staying?" I turned off the lights and started walking up the stairs.

"My braces are going off and I don't want to skip it, I hate them."

"That's all? Then come later, what's the deal?"

"I just wanna stay here." Light blink few times over curtains and I started to get nervous. I hate thunder and lighting.

"Fine... be boring," She said, walking towards Kylie's room.

"I think I'm going to sleep now, tomorrow we have to get up early. Goodnight Kenny Boo." She said before walking in Kylie's room.

After I brushed my teeth and changed into my pajamas, I walked to my dark room.

Immediately regretting. Damn, that scary movie... damn that storm. I sighed

I walked into Kylie's room and lay down next to Cara. "What are you doin',Kid?" Cara asked sleepily.

"Can you stop calling me that, I'm feeling like I'm five years old," I said, staring at her. she chuckled and said: "I will stop calling you that, when I will get my first million."

"Cara." I whined. She's just two years older, but she still calls me that.

"Kenny, sleep please."

"Freaking storm," I muttered, when loud thunder rang.

"Sleep, Kendall. for fuck sake or I will strangle you," Cara said, rolling on her stomach, then wrapping her arm around my mid-section.

My breath freeze and my muscles tensed, before I let myself relax and enjoy her presence.

"You know you hair is getting long. Are you going to cut it off?"

"I think I'm going to let it grow this summer."

"Hmm... Cool," Cara murmured, before she fell asleep, I bit my lip trying not to smile. I traced my fingernails up and down her arm, which was wrapped around my stomach.

After a while sleep over took me.

-------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Kris.. Corey." Cara walked towards us with a smile.

Everybody was already up, my mom making us breakfasts, while Kris and my step dad were talking about soccer.

"Sup." Corey said while holding his fist to Cara, wanting her to bump it.

Cara stared at him like he's crazy.

"Umm..." Still hesitated she looked at me, asking what's going on with her beautiful eyes.