Cheerios or Music Club?

Chapter 7

Kendall's POV

I've been looking for Lily for 10 minutes.

I feel like she's avoiding me and I have no idea why. Her answers are always short and she's looking around all the time like she's ashamed to be seen with me. I tried my last option and walked into the auditorium I saw her sitting on the stage end. I bit my lip maybe she wants to be alone. I don't want to intrude.

"What are you doing here?" Lily asked me.

"Umm... I was looking for you." I walked towards her and sat down next to her.

"Why?" she asked blinking.

"Maybe 'cause you're my friend" I said.

"Hey what's wrong? Why are you ignoring me?" I asked after the silence fell on us.

"I'm not ignoring you?" she flinch raising her tone making sound like a question.

"Lils, tell me what's wrong."

"Now that you're in the Cheerios, I don't want you to be with a loser like me. You probably would get slushied if they see you with me" Lily talk aimlessly making me sad.

"Don't.. I don't care about it. You're my friend and I don't want anything to change between us" I pouted giving her my best puppy dog eyes when she finally turned her head to her right and looked at me. I nudged her shoulder with mine and smiled at her.

"So how 'bout I audition for your music club and if Havighurst kicks me out of the team so let it be. Mhmm?" I grinned when she cracked a little smile shyly looking away.

"You don't have to if you don't want to." Lily said with a shrug making me roll my eyes.

"You tried to persuade me all summer. I know you want it for me to tryout." I said. Actually I really want to try it for myself.

"You don't have a Cheerios practice today." she asked unclasping her water bottle then taking few gulps out of it.

"Nope. next week after school, the torture will start." I said quickly lift my hand towards her bottle tapping it up making it spill few drops on Lily's jeans.

"HEY!" she shouted. I swiftly hopped of the stage smiling at her.

"Sorry my hand slipped."

"That's not fair now it looks like I pee on myself." Lily whined.

"Don't worry it will dry." I chuckled.

"Whatever.." she grumbled.

"So tell me about your crush." she demanded after few moments.

"What crush?"

"Your crush.."

"You wanted to tell me but Lucifer showed up."

"Lily.." I warned her sternly I don't want either for them to insult each other.

"I'm sorry but your friend isn't really nice" she said and I huffed crossing my arms.

"Whatever." It was my time to say it.

"Your crush.. tell me who he is!" she whined sounding desperate making me laugh.

"I will give you one clue."

"I will take it."

"C" I said nervously she's smart she could easily connect the ends.