Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Cara's POV

"Dad.." I muttered into his chest.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you." I cried. Tears are streaming down my cheeks. My emotions can't be contained. When my mother died, I forbid myself from crying. I believed it would make me look weak. There was only few times that I cried and it made me so angry, but right now right now I can't stop it. I hate being so out of control. My arms are shaking as my fingers try to grasp his shirt tighter. "I'm sorry," I whisper. A pathetic whimper, leaves my trembling lips.

I left him. I left my father when he needed me most. I left a person that is slowly killing himself with nothing. I didn't offer him a hand when he fell down. I didn't hold him as he stumbled. I didn't listen as he cried. As his hands tightened around me, my problems almost disappeared. So many thoughts were going through my head, but I didn't know where to begin. There was only silence, occasionally broken by harsh sobs and gentle apologies.

"Honey, I understand. I'm such an asshole." he mumbled. I chuckled that he called himself that."I'm sorry that I'm not worth being you father." He tightened his hold.

"I'm sorry that I'm pathetic." These words brought the ache back in my chest. I told him he was pathetic. Pathetic for making mistakes and falling down without trying to get back up.

So many things could have gone wrong when I left him. I left my father on his own. He could have done anything to himself. He could have keep drinking till he died, and I just left him. I should have stayed with him. I should have done something to help him.

"Dad.. I said quietly, sounding defeated. "No, really; I'm such a loser. My daughter's mother dies and I'm drinking, almost forgetting that my daughter exists." He pulled away but I just tightened my grip. My fingers clenched the fabric.

"I'm so glad that you came back," he said sobbing and shaking. "Cara, I'm going to be there for you. I'm going to stop drinking for you, and my... my grandchild, okay?"

"Yeah." My lips curl into a smile. "Your grandchild." But then my smile faded. " Before we get to excited, we really need to talk about some things."

He nodded releasing me from his tight embrace. I took a big breath and walked inside the house. As he stared at me, he asked, "Do you want coffee or maybe tea, or something?" His eyes didn't stay on mine for too long, darting to the ground.

"Tea is fine," I said, scrunching my eyebrows.

He quickly looked at me before going to the kitchen. I lifted my hands putting them on my face. I took a deep breath before shaking my head.

I can do this. I can do this.

My fingers slipped into my jeans pocket and I wrapped them around my phone. I brought it out and started to tap a message to Kendall.

'Won't come back today. Love ya xoxo.'

Move your fucking feet Delevingne. You have to do this!

-----------

Kendall's POV

I couldn't calm down. I was looking at my phone every minute.

"Umm... Ken" Kylie said, and I turned to see her. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing." My eyebrows knitted together. I turned my eyes back to tv. "Did Cara tell you where she went?"

"Why do you ask? Don't you trust her?" She asked.

"I trust her." I said, because I really do trust her. "She just said she needed to go and nothing else, I'm just worried."

"She will be fine. Have a little faith in her." Kylie said and sighed.