Ch.25 The Spy III

Well, it's been a while since I updated, but I'm honestly struggling to get all of my work done and update this book, but I'm going to keep updating hopefully more frequently than I have been. Okay, the comments from the last chapter were kind of disappointing seeing as no one answered the question for almost a month, but after some people did, here are the dedications! Tigertori6 _miss_confident_ BRebecca78 monkeysofia and Ricemd !!!!!!!!! I gave dedications to everyone who commented on the last chapter because there were so few comments! 

Okay so in order for me to update the next chapter there need to be 10 comments on this chapter. 

-KAT

Jensen p.o.v.  I woke up in the middle of the night again, the metallic taste of blood in my mouth. I had been having one of my nightmares again, the same one had been waking me in the middle of the night, it was the nightmare of my torture.  It always began with me running away from a shadow figure, calling out "Join me or the ones you love will betray you. Join me and I will set you free. Join me... Join me... join me." The voice would always promise something either horrible would happen to myself or those around me if I didn't join it, or would promise something great if I did join it. I'll admit that I was tempted, but I knew that as a demigod, my duty was to protect those around me, and something told me that joining that voice would destroy everything I stood for.  I kept running and running until I couldn't take it, I couldn't hear the voice anymore, I sat down to rest by a tree. Then suddenly the voice whispered to me, "If only you had joined me, now you will see what happens to those who displease me." I was then knocked unconscious and brought to a dark location. I was tortured for days in solitude, and then another person came to join me. She was a girl, who I later learned was named Brittany. We grew close as we were faced with unspeakable tortures. We eventually found the last bit of love we had left, in each other. Then finally we were rescued by Leo and Piper. But every night I would still awake at an ungodly hour terrified of that voice and the tortures that it haunted me with.

Still Jensen's p.o.v. I walked into the dining room of the Argo II and sat down with the others.  Jason brought out the meal from the kitchen, and we all thanked Brittany for making it. She specially made each person a different meal based on what she thought they'd like. The food did smell delicious! I was starving (as always) and immediately dug into my food (spaghetti and a sweet potato) along with the rest of the crew. Brittany excused herself saying that she didn't feel well and went to her room.(I'd go to check on her later). I had finished my portion and was thinking about getting some more food from the kitchen when I noticed Alcaeus hadn't touched his food. (A burger and fries, which I would have guessed as a good option seeing as he ate 2 burgers last time we had them.) He then offered me his burger because he also felt a bit ill, and then excused himself to go and get some fresh air. Of course being the hungry human I am, I accepted. I ate the burger, and it was fantastic! A few minutes later everyone left the meal and went their separate ways. I went to go and check on Brittany, and as I was walking toward her room at the far end of the third floor, I heard her talking to someone. So, of course being a demigod, I eavesdropped. I heard her talking to someone who she called mistress. "Mistress, it is done. I have poisoned him, Alcaeus will regret eating that hamburger for the rest of his very short life." NO FUCKING WAY! Brittany was a spy! SHIT! I could feel my heart break, the only girl I trusted was on the other side and lied to me. And then I realized, I ate the hamburger, I need to go and warn the others. I ran to Alcaeus' room and told him what I had heard. He, of course,  told me that he had already figured it out and that he would find a way to stop her. He also said that he knew what poison she had used and would get the antidote as fast as he could. He's one smart dude. Well now here we are, I'm about to die unless the antidote gets here in the next two hours, we are probably going to end up in another war with Brittany's "mistress", I have just had my heart broken by the one girl who I have loved, and all I can think is, I'm so fucking screwed.

Okay y'all remember I am not going to update the next chapter until I have at least 10 comments on this chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The question of the chapter is... Do you think that Alcaeus will tell the rest of the crew about Brittany being a spy? Or not? 

Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!!! -KAT