Ch.39 The Final Battle

Hey y'all, I'm sorry this chapter has taken forever to be uploaded! School has started and it's become increasingly difficult to finish my homework and have time to write, but seeing as I have a good chunk of time right now, I decided to write. The dedications for this chapter go to: goodreader55adwoanyankoImNotCrazyImAFangirlPonyLover14JohnnyVogelienheIenoftroyW33dmanFanFictongirlRainbow_Unicorn_223katelynvaldz, and air2626. I hope you enjoy this chapter! -KAT

Alcaeus p.o.v. The sounds of the battle still went on behind me but I was to focused on Brittany. Only moments ago she had been alive and begging me to kill her, to kill Nyx, and now she was dead. I knew that I needed to defeat Nyx and help win this war so I could fulfill my promise to Brittany, but what would be the cost? Too many were already dead, and I knew Camp Half-Blood was well protected by my warriors, but I knew that there would be casualties. My musings were cut short, however, when a pitch black mist began to rise over Brittany's body. Soon, a full-fledged evil primordial was standing in front of me. I just love family reunions. "Nyx, how has your tourism business been going lately." She snarled. The battle was coming to a close, and as I quickly surveyed, we were winning. "I thought you were dead," I chuckled,"but no matter, now I can have the pleasure of killing you first hand." We both began circling each other and I realized that my powers had returned. 

MEANWHILE AT CAMP

-_________________________________-

Chiron's p.o.v. This battle has already been terrible. The only reason half of the camp wasn't slaughtered already was because of the three primordials we had on our side in addition to the Chaos warriors. Thesis, Ourea, and Hemera, were fighting like demons carving a path of destruction through the battlefield. The Chaos warriors, my old campers, were also destroying anything in their way, but winning did not come without a price. Too many campers, nymphs, centaurs, had died. I ordered my fellow archers to fire and heard the satisfying twang of the bowstring, and it was accompanied by clouds of golden dust erupting from deep within the monsters' lines. They were no longer attacking with such ferocity, so I took this opportunity to survey the field and see who from our side had fallen. My heart was aching as I saw the faces of many of my favorite campers, so young, too young, for this to have happened. Clarisse, Charles Beckendorf for the second time, Clovis, Grover, Ethan, Pollux, Bianca, so many people were devastated, and I don't know if Chaos would be able to bring them back.

BACK TO ALCAEUS

-__________________________________-

Alcaeus p.o.v. Nyx had made the first move. She had summoned a cloud of darkness to settle on the field so that no one, including myself could see. But the attempt only lasted for a second as Aether and I both used our light powers to break up the cloud, and I thanked Chaos for giving me powers over light when he made me a primordial. I flashed light in Nyx's face temporarily blinding her as I teleported behind her with my sword outstretched and managed to get a lucky shot in, stabbing my sword into her side as she turned quickly around. We battled back and forth intensely both getting in some lucky shots when I had an idea. It would drain me of my powers and I would probably be unconscious for a day or so and I would feel like shit afterwards, but I would at least get rid of Nyx. We fought some more before I found an opening. 

I flashed my light in Nyx's eyes and held it there with one hand while I moved towards the battle behind me and Aether. I could probably defeat these monsters in a while if I could just keep Nyx occupied for a while. I backed myself towards Aether and muttered in his ear as he dispatched a Dracanae at Annabeth's side. "Aether I need you to keep your mother occupied for a while, I have a plan but I need you to do this for me." He stabbed the dracanae through its stomach and nodded. "Do what you need to do, it's time for me to pay my mother a visit." I mind messaged the rest of my warriors and told them what I was planning to do and told them to get everyone else who wasn't a primordial or Alexis and Bios, out of the way. I then began to cut down the rest of the monsters and the good primordials took care of the bad primordials. I should have known that my warriors would not have heeded my warning. 

Soon I was fighting with Lia at my side and the rest of my warriors all around me. We were cutting through the monsters like they were butter and I was getting too confident, I turned around to look at Aether, and I noticed he looked exhausted, we didn't have much time, but when I turned around I felt an intense pain shoot through me, and as I looked up, I saw a dracanae smiling holding a sword which coincidentally was lodged in my stomach. Lia screamed as I felt myself fall down. Luckily it wouldn't make me fade if I got to a healer soon enough, but I didn't have the luxury of time, so I finished killing the monsters with my squadron and had Lia heal me enough that I wouldn't die when I completed my plan, but she was drained from helping the others who had been injured so I didn't want to push her just to help me, I could manage. Everyone was exhausted but luckily Aether was still entertaining Nyx so she didn't have time to summon more monsters. I teleported behind Aether and gave him leave to go tend to his various injuries. Nyx was even angrier than usual, but her anger was making it hard for her to attack, and she was injured. I was preparing to use the method Chaos had told me about, to use all of my energy and channel it through my sword into my enemy's body and make them fade, I just needed to find an opportunity to use it. 

I found my opportunity around 15 minutes later, Nyx was busy taunting me and I struck. I stabbed my sword through her abdomen and pushed all of my energy into her body frying overpowering her and enveloping herself and myself in light masking her darkness. She screamed in agony and my remaining friends and allies had come staggering towards us watching mesmerized by the golden light. I could feel my energy slipping away and gasped in pain as my wound reopened. Alexis too notice of what was going on and yelled at me not to push myself too far, but I knew that I wouldn't die, it was time to save the world. I had almost completely drained my energy and Nyx began to fade. It began slowly, but as I funneled more energy into her wound she started to disintegrate. Her legs went first and then it moved up pulling her away bit by bit until there was nothing left, she had entered the void. I was clinging to the bit of energy I had left as I staggered towards my friends. "We won." I mumbled as I fell into blackness.

Hey y'all! So there is one more chapter after this one, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. The final question is: Did you enjoy this book?

I hope you all enjoy the next chapter! -KAT