Ch.27 The Darkness

Okay I'll keep this short. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and to those of you who don't celebrate it, I hope your Thursday was awesome! I'm so thankful for everyone who has taken the time to read this book! <3 Thank you all for all of your awesome comments! The dedications for this chapter go to @flamingleovaldez @nightmarephan @_miss_confident_ @PirayaS @lsfeather32 @monkeysofia @JoeKarter @Fandoms-united @tristand900 and @HunterBenelli !!!! The correct answer was tenebrae means darkness and lux means light!

I'm changing it up a little. This time for an update I need 5 votes AND 10 comments! -KAT

Alcaeus p.o.v. Okay, I can't put this off for much longer, Jensen is counting on me. How am I supposed to face my past? How can I avoid the betrayal? Well the answer is, I can't. I can't let him die, I can't face my past, I can't avoid thoughts of my betrayal. How the Hades am I supposed to do this! Ugh! Of course that fucking spy had to pick the poison that would be the hardest for me to get an antidote for. Nothing can ever be easy for me. 'STOP THE PITY PARTY AL, YOU HAVE WORK TO DO!' MY brain screams at me. Okay, I can do this. Now what memory is the happiest I have from that place?

-_____________________________-

PEARL THE FLASHBACK WHALE IS HERE! (We are going to Percy's p.o.v. since it was before he became Alcaeus.)

Percy p.o.v. I was walking on the beach with Annabeth, her blond hair was blowing in the breeze, she was in an orange Camp t-shirt and was laughing at something I said. When she laughed her eyes always looked so gorgeous. These moments when she was laughing, she always looked so carefree, like she had not a care in the world. But she was still thinking about something, she was always thinking. I never had a clue what she was thinking, she could be thinking about cookies. Blue cookies, with those melty little chocolate chips. MMmmm... 'Snap out of it Percy.' I mentally yelled at myself. Well actually I think I said it out loud because my Wise Girl turned to me "Seaweed Brain." I grinned. Then I heard a noise. I turned around instantly with Riptide outstretched. But instead of a fearsome monster I came face to face with a group of campers running towards us with maniacal grins. They were lead by Connor and Travis. Connor grabbed me and dragged me through the forest and I think Travis let Katie have the honors of dragging Annabeth through the forest as well. They brought me to my cabin where all of my friends were waiting. In a minute Annabeth is forced into the cabin as well. That day became one of the best truth or dare games that ever occurred and it would always lighten my mood to think of the laughs that we had.

"Nice try little demigod, but you will have to find a happier memory than that to cure your friend." A voice said as I was ripped from that memory and into another.

-_________________________________________-

SKIP THROUGH ANOTHER FEW MEMORIES

Percy p.o.v. It was a Sunday so my mom didn't have work, I was running through my apartment, Smelly Gabe had decided to go to Las Vegas with his horrible friends. When I asked him how long he would be gone he replied "however the fuck long I want to, so stop asking questions you stupid punk.," so it was just mom and me. We were playing hide and seek. Mom was the seeker. I ran to the closet and hid inside. She had no idea where I was! I hid there for a few minutes until I heard. "I give up Percy, where are you?" I ran out of the closet and into my mom's arms and gave her a hug. "I win mom, I win!" I said as she laughed. "Yes you did." She replied. "Now go and put on whatever show you'd like and I'll bring in some cookies!" I ran and turned on the tv, switched it from Gabe's Sports Center show, channel surfed for a bit, and then I found it. "FINDING NEMO!!!!!!!" I yelled. My mom chuckled to herself as she walked in carrying the best blue cookies in the entire world. We sat and ate cookies and laughed at the movie for the longest time, and as the credits started to roll, I found myself drifting off to sleep with my mom next to me as she held me and hummed a song as I fell asleep. 

Alcaeus p.o.v. I was yanked out of that memory and pulled into a dark room. "Percy," I actually didn't flinch when the voice said my old name. "You have discovered the light that battles back the darkness. Here is your reward." The voice said as it formed a bright white vapor, a stark contrast to the dark room. A hand formed out of the white vapor and in it sat a vial. Within the vial was a shockingly bright liquid. In the liquid I could see all of the happy memories I had ever experienced, I felt at one with myself, I even felt longing to be back with my old friends. I could feel Alcaeus' cold veneer start to crack and feel the small bits of Percy starting to shine out. "Lux," I whispered. "Yes." The voice replied. "Keep the feeling of Lux within you and you will win this battle. And now that you have gotten this antidote, your friend will find Lux too." And then I was yanked out of the room and back into my room on the ship feeling a heck of a lot happier than I had in a very long time.

I hope you all liked the chapter! I also hope that you like the blue whale cookies at the top of the chapter! (well hopefully you can see them!) Remember for the next update I need 5 votes and 10 comments!  The question of the chapter is.... Sally Jackson or Molly Weasley?

 By the way, this chapter is 1000 words long!!!!!!! -KAT