Chapter 16

Bunny tried to fend off the advances of the fashion-obsessed twins, but all she managed was convincing them to let her get a shower first. They waited outside her bedroom door to prevent any chance of escape and grabbed her the moment she walked out. Back at their mansion, they once more entered the magnificent dressing room. As if it had a mind of its own, it was filled with swimsuits of every style and assorted accessories.

Why am I surprised? Bunny thought dryly. She didn't waste time trying to dissuade them as they buried themselves in the numerous clothing racks and settled with looking through the large sun hats. Their snickering drew her attention.

"Hey Bunny, how's this?" Hikaru held up a-well, Bunny couldn't really tell what it was. She squinted at the strips of fabric.

"What is that?"

"It's a micro-bikini," the twin replied. "It's the height of fashion in America, I thought you knew that?"

"I am not wearing that. It's worse than going naked!"

"Hey, whatever floats your boat."

"We won't complain."

"I don't think so." Bunny marched past them and threw herself into the clothing racks. Hikaru and Kaoru repeatedly suggested scraps that wouldn't begin to cover a body and she had no problem with shutting them down. In fact, it was kind of fun, and as their suggestions became more outlandish she suspected they were doing it on purpose. She finally settled on a teal colored, vintage-style one piece. The halter top tied into a small bow at the back of the neck. She tried it on while the twins were distracted by arguing over what suit they wanted to show her next.

Bunny had forgotten how comfortable she used to feel in swimsuits and for a moment forgot her anxieties. The one she wore now fit like a second skin and she knew that if she were in the water it would loosen just that slightest bit, proof of a perfect fit. The vintage style was modest in how it graced the tops of her thighs and kept her cleavage from spilling over. That had been Bunny's main concern with the fit; being an early bloomer wasn't easy when it came to beach season.

"Bunnyyy..."

"We know you're in there..."

She quickly covered her mouth to stifle the frightened squeak.

"Let us see, let us see!" In record speed she changed back into her clothes and stepped out of the dressing booth.

"Nope, you'll just have to wait."

"So you did find something?"

Bunny just smiled. "You'll see later," she insisted, despite having no intention to step foot in the water. The twins shrugged, having lost interest, and began shoving large sunhats onto Bunny's head.

***

Leafy, verdant foliage surrounded them, seemingly reaching for the bright blue sky. The humid air carried the scent of foreign fruits and the songs of tropical birds. Bunny's mouth hung open in awe as she took in her surroundings. She wasn't sure what she'd expected, but it sure as hell wasn't this. "Is... Is all of this real?"

"Most of it, yes," Kyoya replied. "In fact, the edible fruits from these trees are used to make all of the refreshments we serve at the snack bar. Feel free to help yourself to anything you'd like." Bunny sank into one of the nearby lounge chairs surrounding the pool. She allowed a relaxed sigh to escape her lips. Kyoya smirked. "It's nice, isn't it?" Bunny nodded in agreement. "By your initial reaction, I take it that America doesn't have theme parks like this?" Bunny thought for a moment-she felt it was always important to choose her words carefully when talking to Kyoya.