If You Needed Love, Well Then Ask For Love

a/n: HAHAHA ARE YOU GUYS MAD??? lolz. But actually, listen to Wake Up Call by Maroon 5 and think of Gerard... IT FITS!! :) and lol I've planned out the next 14 chapters... It's gonna be intense!!!!

;;;

With a week left, Gerard lounges on a beach chair, in the shade, with his limbs loosely thrown around. His mom sat parallel to him, reading a home magazine that she must have found in the bathroom of her room. She had her sunglasses on, despite already being in the shade, which Gerard found odd.

Frank struggled to carry a board that looked way bigger than his own stature, watching Robert's instructions of how to stand on it in the salt water. Even though Gerard was far away from the fifteen year old, he could see the wide smile on the boy's face, although he was carrying something heavy in his arms. The seventeen year old had to turn away.

"Gerard, why don't you go in the water with Frank? I'm sure Robert would teach you as well." Ugh, Robert. Frank had talked Gerard's mom's ear off about this boy. They gushed and squealed together, planning things to wear when they saw him next and looking through the gift shop at the resort for something presentable.

Gerard rolls his eyes to look at his mother, unamused. "I'd rather fucking die."

Donna purses her lips, squinting slightly behind her glasses (Gerard could tell from the wrinkles that form beside the frames). "Stop being so dramatic, you can't avoid them forever."

"I can try."

Donna pushes her sunglasses up to her hairline, looking at Gerard harshly. "Don't punish Frank because you're not willing to tell him how you feel."

Gerard sighs, because he knows that she is right. It just sucks, fucking sucks. Gerard pinches the bridge of his nose. "I don't know what to do."

Donna reaches out and rubs her son's shoulder comfortingly. "We only have a week left, we leave Monday. Maybe he'll forget all about this when we get home."

Gerard sucks in the side of his lip, exhales deeply through his nose. "Fine, I'll go over there." His mom grins. "I won't enjoy it though!" He continues, throwing finger in her direction along with his exclamation. He throws his knees over the chair, putting his feet in the warm sand and standing.

He maneuvers through the preteens building a sand castles, getting some dirty looks like the big, bad teenager was going to destroy it or something, and dodges the toddlers with floaties and their parents wildly trying to chase them. He finds Mikey and Ray splashing each other in the shallow water. Closer to shore, they sat, Ray with his long legs spread out and Mikey with his knees up to his chest. They were laughing at something and Gerard makes that his first destination. As if to psych him up, or something.

"Hi." He simply says as he hesitantly sits on the wet sand. Just as he sits, the tide comes up and water spreads around him. It's colder than he thought it was, causing him to shiver and wish he never left his safe spot.

"Hey, avoiding Frank?" Ray asks, causing Mikey to snicker. Gerard frowns annoyed.

"No, I just don't want to third wheel." He justifies his actions. "And you told Ray?!" He stares in Mikey's direction, who looks down at his knees.

"I'm personally offended that you didn't tell me yourself, asshole." Ray pushes Gerard's shoulder playfully. "And Pete's the one who told me."

Gerard lets his jaw drop open. "You told Pete?!"

"I didn't mean to! It kind of just came out!"

Gerard looks at his brother, baffled. "Over text?" Mikey turns a bit pink. Ray puts his arm around the youngest Way.

"Don't be so huffy, we're on vacation." Ray tells him, pulling Mikey into his bare chest. Gerard squints at both of them.

"Is there something going on?" He asks, eyes darting between the both of them. Mikey smiles innocently and Ray just raises his eyebrows at Gerard.

"No, why?" Either genuinely stupid or playing dumb, Ray smiles with eyebrows crinkled in confusion. Mikey shoots a warning look. Gerard lets his mouth form into a flat line.

"Never mind," He mumbles, looking out into the water. He sees Frank, laughing as he wobbled on the surfboard. Robert, being the fucking giant he is, held Frank up by the waist, attempting to steady the boy in hysterics. Now closer up, Gerard could see Frank's body in the wet suit with better detail. The way his slim body pressed against the damp fabric, how fucking fantastic his ass looked in the skin tight clothing. Gerard would kill to be the guy helping Frank, not Robert.

Resentment towards Robert bubbled in his stomach and he had to dig his knuckles into the sand to control his anger. "Why does Frank like that guy?"

Ray shrugs, picking up a seashell next to his hip. "He's a nice guy, once you actually talk to him. And he's pretty hilarious, you should hear so of his jokes."

"And he's tall!" Mikey adds, a goofy smile creeping on to his face.

"And he's so dreamy!" Ray gushes on a sarcastic voice, mocking Mikey. His brother shoves his arm with a laugh.

"Funny," Gerard frowns.

"Well, why don't you just tell him how you feel?" Mikey suggests as Ray puts him into a headlock.

Gerard sputters. "I can't just tell him! If he doesn't like me back, my whole friendship is ruined and I lose him. And I'm outed! It's easier said than done!" He explains, looking at Mikey like he's crazy.

"I mean you could... It's not like Frank will condemn you. You guys have too much history." Ray injects into the conversation.

Gerard bites his lip and speaks timidly. "It's not that simple."

"'Kay, whatever man." Ray says, shrugging his shoulders again. He looks over at the two, and his eyes go a bit wide. "But, uh, don't look now. I think they're... Kissing?"

Gerard whips his head in their direction so fast and blunt, he's afraid that he might break his own neck. Their surfboards were abandoned, even though still attached to their ankles in the water. Frank had his arms latched out Robert's neck, despite him being a giant in comparison. His long arms wrapped around Frank's body like an octopus, protecting him like a shield. He had to lean over significantly to attach his lips to the smaller ones.

You would think with the size difference, it would make an awkward scene. If Gerard was honest, they looks almost made for each other. They melted into the kiss, Frank wringing his fingers through Robert's wet hair and Robert gripping the fifteen year old's love handles. Frank looked beautiful as ever, wet and shinning in the Hawaiian sun. The only problem was the boy hanging from his lips. Gerard wanted to be there, holding Frank like that, kissing Frank likes that. It wasn't fair.

Gerard wanted to throw up.

The seventeen year old breaks his gaze, staring at the ground and attempting to let no emotion show on his face. Someone touches his shoulder. He looks up to meet both Ray and Mikey's concerned gazes.

"Gerard, I'm-"

"Don't." Gerard grits out. Mikey looks surprised at Gerard's bluntness, but sadness takes over his face.

Ray looks at him dead on. "We're here to-"

Gerard doesn't know if he's going to snap and punch something, or scream, or cry. He needed to get out of there. He needed to go inside and hide under his blankets and sob. He kind of wanted to die. "I need to go, I can't be out here."

He gets up quickly, not looking at anyone and starts stomping back to the resort, avoiding the direction of his mother. He couldn't deal with anymore sad gazes and questions.

"Don't do anything stupid!" Mikey calls from behind him. He keeps walking.

This is his own fault, Gerard thinks bitterly. And it's too late to do anything about it now.

;;;

A/N: DON'T KILL ME IT GETS BETTER I PROMISE.