A Four and A Pretty Obvious Eight

Gerard walks around like someone stomped his puppy for the rest of September. He mopes to school, he angrily slams his bedroom door when he gets home and frowns until he falls asleep. And he eats, oh God does he eat. He's eaten so many fucking leftovers, the seventeen year old started making lunches for his mother (not that he wasn't tempted to eat that too).

He wasn't even mad anymore. He kind of wanted to run over to Frank's house, drop to his knees in front of the boy and hug his ankles. He wanted to plead for forgiveness and demand they become friends again. He was desperate to call or text his former best friend, but the only thing holding him back was that he knows he is only partly in the wrong. Frank still ignored him and had his priorities obviously set much higher than little ole Gerard.

(And the embarrassment he held for his outbursts.)

;;;

Near the end of the month, Gerard parks in his car in his driveway and Frank's mom races over to the passenger side. In a panic, he rips the cigarette from his mouth and stubs it out with his foot, into the rubber mat on the floor.

"Fuck." He whispers to himself, grabbing his backpack from the backseat and painting a very fake smile on his face.

"Hi, Mrs. Iero!" He tries to grace her with a pleasant presence even though he just wanted to lower the corners of his mouth and bitch about her asshole of a son.

She gives a hesitant smile, stopping her walking completely. She favours her one side, shifting hips and wiping her palms on her red dress that hugged her plump body surprisingly nicely. She rubs his lips together before popping them slightly. Gerard cocks an eyebrow as he comes from the opposite side of the car.

"Hello, Gerard," Her voice is somber, matching her posture and expression. "Have you spoken to Frank lately?" Her accent confuses Gerard a bit, which sort of ruins the dark atmosphere she was conveying, but he understands the gist of it.

"We're not exactly on good terms right now." Gerard decides to just give her his honest answer. He shrugs, to drill in the fact that he does not care. HE COULD TOTALLY CARE LESS. Hey, did you hear about Gerard? He could CARE LESS. He didn't care, nope.

"Oh," Her face looks like it's trying to put two and two together. "Is that why he's been so upset lately?"

Gerard, this is your moment to convince yourself how little you care. Frank totally fucking you over, he did you wrong! Don't break.

"W-what do you mean?" His voice cracks as a frown takes over his face. GODDAMNIT.

Her visage becomes grim. "He's been locking himself in his room every night this week! He won't tell me what is wrong, all I want to do is help!"

Gerard chews the inside of his lip. "Oh."

She nods at his idiotic response. "I thought maybe you could tell me what was wrong, but you could be what is wrong."

The teenager fights recoiling from the five foot nothing woman's words. "I mean, it could be but... Frank... Expressed some problems he's been having in his personal life lately." He words his response carefully, trying to fill Mrs. Iero in but sparing Frank.

Her face contorts into one of surprise. "Oh, he never mentioned anything bothering him." Gerard should feel worse, but narking felt like suitable revenge.

"Frank's not one for talking about his emotions." Lies.

"Yeah, his father and I have noticed." Her voice genuinely strained from concern, frown deepening on her face. Gerard didn't know him he should console her or not, so he kept his hands to his self.