Blame It On Bad Luck

A/N: I love Bayside.
A/N prt. 2: SORRY. I've been busy. Happy Holidays <3

;;;

The rest of their vacation is Hell, absolute Hell. The ultimate low point, though, is when Frank sneaks out to go to Robert's room.

Gerard is jolted awake by a bang against his bed. He grips his pillow tightly as he flings forward, as some kind of weapon to defend against any attacker and or monster.

"Fuck!" A hushed exclaim echoes in the silent room. Cocking an eyebrow, Gerard switches on the lamp next to his bed. His tired eyes poorly adjust and a it takes a second for him to stop squinting.

He sees Frank, dressed in a pair of dark blue sweatpants and a white tee with a pocket on the left hand side. He lets out a sigh of relief and puts the pillow in his lap.

"Can you please shut the fuck up?" He murmurs, wiping his tired eyes with his fist. Frank nibbles on his lip.

"Sorry, I'm heading out." Frank whispers, even though everyone in the room is already awake. Gerard stares at him. Then at the clock next to his bed.

"It's three in the morning."

"I know, but like, we're leaving tomorrow." Frank explains, picking his phone up from where is was charging. "He invited me down to his room to hang out before I'm gone."

Frank doesn't elaborate on who he is, but Gerard knows who the teenager is talking about. He feels his body reject his stomach.

Why the fuck did Frank need to see Robert in the middle of the night? Were they going to fuck? All of the most perverted ideas float through Gerard's mind, causing him to ball his fists up.

"Why?" Is the only word he can spit out through clenched teeth. He wants to tie Frank to the bed, and bolt up the door. He didn't want Frank to spend the remainder of the night in Robert's room; he wanted Frank to sleep soundly in the bed next to him.

Frank shrugs. "Knowing my dad, I probably won't be able to seeing he right away and I'm gonna miss him."

He wants to ask him the same question again, but he pinches the bridge of his nose (mostly for effect). "Frankie, you barely know this guy." Gerard says as if it was bringing him much strain and resentment to say it, and holding back the cries of desperation and the cheers of mockery.

Frank's mouth becomes a flat line, but then he speaks. "You know Gerard," He starts, turning his back to the elder one, turning his head to look over his shoulder. "Just because you're single, doesn't mean I have to be too."

Oops. Gerard frowns in realization. "No, that's not why I'm being so-"

Frank lowers his head and uses his big eyes for teasing. "Prick-ish?" His eyebrows shoot up.

Gerard rolls his sleepy eyes. "Negative." Then he sighs, loosening up a bit. "I just don't want you to get hurt."

Frank lets his physical defences come down, and he turns his head away. He then turns to look at Gerard again with a sad smile. "I understand that, Gee. But you gotta let me live. Okay?"

Gerard fidgets with his hands, on top of the pillow in his lap. His body is screaming for him to leap up and kiss the boy, or scooping him up and carry him back to bed, or lock him in the bathroom. But he stays still. Other than his hands.

"I suppose so." He states bitterly, and Frank laughs softly at that. Gerard guesses he takes it as a jokes, not as seriously he meant it.

Frank collects everything he needs, scurrying around the room and replying to a couple of text messages. His hand is about the turn the knob when he looks back at Gerard. Gerard musters up the saddest look he can give the fifteen year old. It didn't matter if Frank just stayed for pity, as long as he didn't leave. It doesn't seem to faze him.

"Get some sleep, Geebaby." Frank winks, before creeping out of the room.

Gerard sits up for a couple minutes, battling with stupid tears about to spill over. He feels ridiculous for becoming so emotional. This was his own fault, if he was just honest with his best friend, he wouldn't have to feel so melancholy.

He decides before he breaks into a sob, to curl up with his pillow and attempt to be swallowed by sleep.

;;;

Frank wears Gerard's sunglasses inside the airport the next morning, chin in hand and the general approach-me-and-die look resting on his features. Gerard actually is afraid to talk to him, sitting a couple seats down from Frank and didn't remark when Frank stole his glassy off the top of his head,

The rest of the group moped around because they were leaving such beautiful, relaxing sceneries and people, Frank was moping about a boy and Gerard was moping about a boy, moping about a boy. Yeah, that seemed right.

Gerard's mother, Mikey and Ray searched for breakfast food as the two of them rested by the window where they could see the other planes take off. Gerard didn't get much sleep, and despite that his world was crumbling down around him, he felt surprisingly refreshed. He would actually use optimistic as a synonym.

(It was probably just because they were getting the fuck away from Robert. Gerard would actually dance if it didn't mean Frank firing him as his friend.)

Gerard sat, whistling and tapping his fingers on the chair, excited to get the fuck home when Frank sighs for about the millionth time since they've gotten to the airport.

"This sucks," Frank proclaims, voice croaky from either staying up all night or crying."I finally find a boy who likes me back and I have to leave him."

Gerard's whistling dies down as he listens to the heartbreak in the younger one's voice. He suddenly feels bad. While he was happy about leaving, he disregarded Frank's feelings for the boy he was leaving. Gerard was being completely selfish, and treating Frank like some kind of prize he has to win.

Gerard is suddenly struck with a decision to be made: be a good best friend and comfort Frank, or continue his happiness and have Frank to himself back home.

Gerard chews on his lip, and contemplates it. And then, as much as it kills him, swallows down his own feelings and moves to the seat next to Frank.

"Hey," His words are kind of shaky (and annoyed). "Frank... Don't worry about it. You'll see him soon."

Frank gazes up at Gerard, surprised. He looks down again, though, not seeming to believe Gerard. "I don't know... I mean, he'll be close by but I don't know if he'll wanna see me after this trip... What if he only saw me as a fling? God, that would be so embarrassing. I just want it all to be like it was during this vacation." He speaks down towards his shoes, and it's probably better that way, so he can't see the inappropriate hurt on Gerard's face.

Genuinely, and without a filter, Gerard begins to speak. "Frankie, I don't think you understand how excruciatingly... memorable and desirable you are. I think he would an absolute idiot if he didn't want you." He talks from his own experience and lost chances.

God, he would give anything for Frank to be worrying about him like that.

Frank turns his head up to Gerard, practically piercing a hole through the lens of his sunglasses. "Do you really think that?" His tone is meek and lips moving slowly.

Gerard nods, even though it hurts, and smiles, even though it feels like his cheeks are being ripped apart. Frank cracks his first smile of the day, grasping Gerard's bicep and snuggling into it.

"Thank you, Gee. What would I do without you?" Frank coos.

"I don't know, your life would suck." Gerard musters up some humour even though he thinks this is what dying feels like. Frank snorts anyways, pushing away from him quickly and replying with some quick banter that Gerard will probably laugh at.

Just like that, Frank back to normal. At least that makes Gerard feel a little better.

;;;

A/N: lol sorry if this felt short or like gross and despicable, it will be better next time---- JUST GOTTA GET IT IN THERE Y'KNOW.