We Get It, You're Like Eleven

A/N: I HOPE EVERYONE'S XMAS' WERE GR8 AND HATS OFF TO 2016!!

The rest of the summer is... Uneventful. Gerard sits in his room and paints because Frank's penance for missing time with his father while on vacation is voluntarily putting a smile on his face and hanging out with him at his weird country club on the weekends. During the weekdays, he spent time with his mother working on the house or going out with her and her lady friends while they sip tea and gossip. He even picked up a part time job at the grocery store a couple blocks away.

Gerard could see a hundred percent through Frank, yet he was so opaque to his parents. Frank was doing this all so that during the school year, his parents would take him to see his 'new friend' and he would have money to do things and catch buses and such. It upset Gerard greatly that he only saw Frank a little during the rest of the summer.

The beginning of the school year eases in surprisingly calmly. Gerard usually hates this time of year, knowing that he'll have to wait another ten or so months to have summer back. Gerard's father takes him out a couple of days before school starts in hopes of finding some back-to-school clothes. Gerard is forced to try on a couple of things, but all he ends up with is a pack of Sobranie Black Russians and a really cool gothic rosary that would look great hanging from his rearview mirror. His father gives him, out of his own closet, an old, dirty mustard coloured sweater which he died a little when he saw. It was knitted and itchy, but he smiled until his cheeks hurt.

His senior year has easier subjects and things he actually enjoys, majorly filled with Arts, History, and English. He even has some of his friends in his classes, which is nice. The only person he doesn't hear from is fucking Frank.

Two weeks into the new school year, Gerard calls Frank.

"Hey, this is Satan, welcome to Hell. Hahaha, just kidding, it's Frank, you're not going to Hell. Unless you are... Anyways, I can't reach the phone right now, leave a message... huh." For the fifth time this week, he's gone to the fifteen year old's voicemail. He's really holding back from throwing his phone against the wall.

"Hey, It's Gee. Again. Fucking call me back, asshole." He speaks into the phone, frowning towards the ground. He puts his house phone down on its charger and forgets about it.

Another two weeks go by, the only highlight being that a weird aunt that he doesn't really know how he's related to bringing over a bowl of potato salad (Yes, he ate the whole bowl, fuck you). He tries to call again, only once before dinner. Voicemail, again. Gerard decides he's fucking sick of being ignored and pulls on his dad's sweater and his Adidas' with holes in the soles. He stomps out the front door and right up to Frank's house. He knocks a couple of times way too hard when the door opens and he nearly conks the teenager in the head.

Frank stares at Gerard confused for a second, then smiles gently. "Hey, Gee."

Gerard squints at him, fighting his jaw from going slack in shock. What the fuck was this? Gerard pushes past Frank, walking into the front hallway of his house. Frank shuts the door, turning towards the older boy, smile diminishing as he sees Gerard's expression. He cowers inwards towards the door slightly.

He runs his hands through his hair, brows furrowed in frustration. "Don't 'Hey, Gee' me. This is fucking ridiculous. Where the fuck have you been?"

Frank bites his lip like a small child, giving Gerard big, puppy eyes. "I'm sorry, I've been so busy with... Robert and my parents, and yeah, I sort of lost track of everything."

That wasn't good enough for Gerard. All Gerard did was think about Frank all day, every day. He has done so much for the dude, it was like a stab in the back. "So, am I not important enough to make your final cut? I've done so fucking much for you, you don't even understand the half of it."

Cornered by Gerard's booming voice, Frank frowns and reaches forward. He rests his hand on the seventeen year old's bicep, gripping it slightly. Gerard looks down at Frank's clothing, furrowing his eyebrows. "What the fuck are you wearing?"

Frank retracts his hand like Gerard suddenly turned three hundred degrees and he looks about to plea. The question seems to hit him out of nowhere though and his expression changes. He outstretched his arms, like Jesus Christ, as the sleeves dangling loose and it being held up scarily poorly by his shoulders. He was revealing a dangerous amount of collarbone and Gerard's mouth water. "It's a bathrobe, you know what that is," Frank says shortly, pulling up the fluffy collar and crossing his arms over his chest defensively.

"Why?"

"Because I was about to take a bath," Frank says matter-of-factly. His lips are pursed and his eyebrows high, Gerard squinted at him.

Before Gerard can respond, a voice from upstairs rings through the echoing hallway. "Frankie, are you coming back?"

Frank suddenly goes pink. "I-In a second!" He calls back before his lips form a flat line on top of each other. Gerard feels his blood burn in his veins and he grips his sides to control his movements, in fear that he may actually hurt someone.

"What the fuck is going on here?" It seems like he's been asking this question for a month now. "He's here?" Yup, Robert. Fucking Robert.

Frank rubs his neck awkwardly, desperately trying to keep the neckline up. The seventeen year old catches a glimpse of a blotchy purple mark on the base of his neck. His eyes go wide as he realized what the fuck was going on.

"You're fucking him?!" Gerard asks in exasperation.

"Shh! Keep your voice down!" Frank hushes him, tone starting high and lowering to a whisper.

"No! What the fuck? Why are you having sex with him?! How could you do that?!" Gerard exclaims, voice matching Frank's. "You don't know anything about this guy, he could be fucking using you! I thought you wanted to save yourself? What happened to that Frank?"

Gerard was desperate, okay?

Frank looks like he understands halfway through, then his face changes to glowing anger. "I can do whatever I want! Stop being so fucking possessive of me! You're mad whenever I'm fucking happy like you're fucking jealous! You're happy when I'm not!"

Gerard wants to clench his teeth down, but his mouth keeps going. "I'm the fucking one who supports you, who picks you up when you're down! I'm always fucking there for you and you have the audacity to ignore me and completely forget about me for a month?"

Frank sighs harshly. "You're not my boyfriend, Gerard!" He exclaims, louder than the rest of the conversation.

The seventeen year old recoils. He sits back on his heels a bit, looking Frank directly in the eyes. He watches the fire burn bright in the younger one's eyes as the words fluently pass through his clenched jaw. "Fuck you."

Frank's lip curls and his last movement is to walk to the door and open it. He looks down at the ground. "Please get out." His voice is emotionless, and it hurts Gerard.

Gerard's heart was flipping in his chest and sentences were choking him and demanding their way out. He couldn't stop them if he wanted to. "Fine Frank, fucking fine. Go ahead and do whatever you want. Cut me out of your life so you can go whore around! It doesn't fucking bother you, it seems." His tangent continues as he walks out the door seemingly happy. He looks at Frank the whole time, who was still staring at the ground.

Once outside, Gerard looks back one more time. Frank, the boy he loved, gazed up at him with the most betrayed, upset expression Gerard had ever seen. He slams the door so hard in the older teenager's face, he's surprised it doesn't come off its hinges.

This is not how it was supposed to go. Gerard didn't mean any of it, he really didn't. He felt so hurt by Frank, he wanted the boy to feel the way he did. Gerard is kind of fucking awful because Frank doesn't even know why he's mad. He has turned into some kind of monster, tearing Frank down because of his own insecurities. Gerard doesn't deserve the boy.

He was a hypocrite, he was an asshole, and he was unhappy.

He falls to his ass, curling up on the stairs of Frank's porch. He places his face in his hands, covering up his shame. He doesn't deserve someone like Frank.

He cries for the first time in years.

;;;

A/N: SORRY.