Chap 5 "A Sick Mike"

Emylee's POV
I got to the Shiba house and Mike was in the recovery room. Mentor pulled me to the side. "What happened?" I asked.
"He's exhausted himself and is very dehydrated," Mentor replied. "We can't even get him to change out of his training uniform." I looked at Mike. "He needs to be well rested for a few more days and around here, it won't be quiet."
"I can take him to my house," I nodded. "He will be safe there." Mentor nodded. "I can take care of him." We were able to get him to my house. "He won't be up until tomorrow morning."
"That let's me get some sleep," I nodded. "I'll take care of him, Mentor." Mentor nodded and left. "Good night." I went to my room and got in bed. "Let's hope tomorrow's a better day," and I drifted off to sleep.
"Emylee!" I woke up hearing. "Emylee!"
"Mike," I sighed. I quickly got out of bed. With my instincts running, I didn't even think to throw on a cover up over my cami, and shorts. I slipped on my slippers and ran to the living room. "Mike, is everything okay?"
"No, I'm hungry," Mike replied.
"There's a reason why we have phones," I sighed. He was looking at me. "Before you say anything, I thought you were in trouble."
"Maybe I should be in trouble more often," Mike smirked.
"No," I nodded. "Look, let me take a shower and I'll make you a sandwich." I took a shower and got dressed in a yellow sundress. I walked to the living room and handed Mike the remote. "Watch TV and I'll fix us both breakfast." I looked at the time. "Seven am?! Mike, you're up too early!"
"I got hungry," Mike shrugged.
"Alright," I sighed. I looked in the fridge and I had the ingredients to make a burger. So I made a burger for Mike and I made myself a sandwich. I sat next to Mike on the couch and put our plates in front of us. "You do know with you being sick, we can't leave the house, right?"
"Well, it's not a total loss for you, right?" Mike asked. "You get to hang out with me."
"I guess you're right," I smiled. I was about to take a bite of my sandwich, but a knock was heard. "I got it." I got up and opened the door. "Oh, hey Blake."
"Hey," Blake smiled. "Do you wanna hang out today?"
"If you don't mind hanging out here at my place," I replied. Blake was confused, I open the door wider so he could see Mike. "Mike is on bed rest and I'm the one who has to take care of him."
"Why you?" Blake whispered.
"Because I'm the only one with my own place," I sighed as I let Blake in. "So, I'm taking care of him." Blake sat on the opposite end of the couch. "Do you not like him or something?"

Blake's POV
"I just found out that two of my best friends could chop my head off," I replied. "Do you wanna take that risk?"
"I guess you're right," Emylee nodded. "Did you have breakfast yet?"
"Yeah, I had Panera for breakfast," I nodded. "So, why is he on bed rest?"
"He overworked himself on training yesterday," Emylee replied. "He never wants to listen to anyone." She handed him a bottle of water. "So, he's on bed rest."
"I want soda," Mike pouted.
"You're drinking water because soda will dehydrate you," Emylee replied still holding the bottle at him. "Mike, either you take it and drink it or your going to be wearing it."
"Fine," Mike sighed grabbing the bottle.
"This guy yelled for me at six something in the morning because he was hungry," I replied. "So I got out of bed, got ready, and made him a burger for breakfast."
"He had to be in bed all day?" I asked.
"Yeah, Mentor said so," Emylee nodded. "Which reminds me." She walked up to Mike and held out her hand. "Hand it over because you're not morphing anytime soon." He handed her the weird looking phone. "Thank you."
"Man," Mike sighed. "Am I grounded from anything to do with being a Samurai?"
"Just for a few days," Emylee replied. Mike looked at her. "Mentor's orders."
"Are you sure you didn't volunteer to bring him here?" I asked. "I'm sure he could've stayed at his parents."
"He doesn't live at his parents," Emylee replied. "As a Samurai, you live with everyone but Mentor knew I had to have my own place, in case my sister wanted to see me." She looked at me. "And I had my best friends with me every step of the way."
"Well, I did help you through your sick days when you literally couldn't go to school," I smiled. "I sometimes would sleep over and hear you yakking and —"
"Blake, we get the picture," Emylee stopped me. "I don't wanna relive those days."
"I was there to take care of you," I responded.
"Yeah, but that has nothing to do with taking care of Mike," Emylee replied.
"I need to pee," Mike sighed.
"Then go," Emylee groaned. "I'm sure Mentor is okay with you having to use the bathroom."
"You do have me drinking bottle after bottle of water," Mike replied.
"Because Mentor said to keep you hydrated," Emylee responded. Mike went to the bathroom. "I swear, men."
"I'm a guy," I smiled.
"Not the same situation," Emylee pointed at me. "So, what is it that you're here for?"
"It's our day, today," I replied.
"About that," Emylee replied as she got up and walked to the kitchen.
"Please don't say what I think you're going to say," I replied
"I have no control over it," Emylee nodded. "With more and more nighloks coming in, we have to be with the full team."
"Wait, there are going to be more?" I asked. "This is great."