Chap 8 "Avenge His Death"

Emylee's POV (Con't)
"Your lucky knife isn't in our hands," I whispered.
"What's this symbol?" the guy asked. "I like symbol. But you have a case that belongs to me."
"Does it?" I asked.
"Yes, like your lives," he nodded.
"It was lost," Adam replied. "He doesn't have it."
"Last time, the case, or you will force me to cut his heart out," the guy replied.
"Do it, you piece of shit," Adam sternly replied.
The guys smiled and held the knife. "Wait," I said stopping him, holding up the case.
"Really?" Adam asked.
"Let me have it," Lee replied. He took it from me. He walked up to the guys and dropped it on the floor. Lee picked it up and handed it to the guy. "Happy?" I looked at Adam. "You'll be alright, Adam."
"I'm sorry, sir," Adam replied.
"It's not your fault," Barney nodded. "Now what?"
"Lie down with your face on the ground until we leave," said the guy. "Don't challenge me."
"Get down," Barney replied. We did. A chopper landed. "Nooo!" The chopper started leaving. "No, no, no."
I got up. "Adam!" I exclaimed. I ran over to him and cradled him in my arms. "No, Adam. Don't die on me."
"I'm dying," Adam replied.
"Don't talk, Adam," Barney said as he got next to us.
"The letter, in my pocket," Adam replied.
"I got it," I nodded, tears running down my face. I got the letter from his pocket. He was gone. "Adam?" I hugged him. "No." Lee pulled me up and hugged me close as I sobbed. I pulled myself together and put the letter in my jacket. "Adam was my best friend. The case, is a computer. A blueprint of a mine for 5 tons of plutonium. We need to stop it before it gets in the wrong hands."
"This kid died so some dirtbag can make bombs," Lee replied.
"Adam was my best friend," I replied showing Barney and Lee the pictures of Adam and I. "Almost every day we spend together, was amazing. I'm going to find that son of a bitch, and kill him."
"I'm getting to him first," Barney replied. "So, get in line."
The guys buried him as I read the letter he wrote. "Dear Emylee, I wish I could find something different to do besides just missing you, but I can't. The teams treating me good. We got each other's backs," I read, a little shaky. "I want you to know that wherever I end up, I'll be wanting the very best for you. And if some miracle happens, and I come back again, I hope we'll still be the best of friends. I know you didn't want to betray me and I understand but if that's the life you chose, then I'm with you every step of the way." I smiled, because I can hear Adam's voice while reading the letter. "Meaning, the only guy you can choose to be with is Mike. No matter what, I'll be happy as long as your happy. Much love, Adam."
"Emylee," Lee replied hugging me again.
"He didn't deserve to die," I replied, as I pulled myself together. "I've been hurt in a lot more battles than he has."
"So, what's the plan?" Lee asked.
"Track him, find him, and Barney, you can have the honor to kill him," I nodded.
"With pleasure," said Barney. We got on the plane and headed out. "Avenge Adam's death, it is."
"He meant a lot to me personally, and I know he meant a lot to the team," I replied. "It's the least we can do for him." Barney went to the cockpit as Lee sat next to me. "Hey." I went through the pictures Adam and I took together. "He was my best friend."
"Emylee, he's not gone forever," Lee replied. I looked at him. "He lives on through you, in your heart." I was confused. "You can't deny you had feelings for Adam."
"I did and I still do," I nodded. "With him gone, it just feels wrong to be jumping into a relationship."
"With Mike?" Lee added. I nodded. "Who's Mike?"
I smiled. "Part of a life I'd like to leave behind," I sighed, as my smile faded. "I left Mike because I had lost two best friends. But joining this, I lost a best friend, one died, and I don't know about Mike." I sighed. "I don't know."
"Emylee, think," Lee nodded.
"With the danger you're already in, mind as well tell you more," I sighed. "I am a Samurai Ranger, the Yellow Ranger." Lee looked at me like I was crazy. "Kinda the reason why Samurai swords are my thing."
"You're joking, right?" Lee asked. I nodded. "Hey Barney! You know your girl over here is a Samurai Ranger?"
"All I know is that she was in deep cover," Barney replied.
"Mike and I are Samurai Ranger," I nodded. "And with that responsibility, my mentor said I couldn't be friends with Blake and Adam to hurt them." I sighed. "But betraying them and breaking our promises was the worst way to go and that's not what I wanted." My pack beeped and I got out the tablet. "The transmission stopped. Their underground."
"Putting it down right here," Barney replied. The plane landed and we got into a truck. We drove to a bar. "Stay here."
"I will," I nodded. Barney and Lee were gone for twenty minutes tops. Barney opened the door. "Lee, hotwire that truck and go get the weapons from the plane. We gotta get moving." Barney got into the car and started driving. "Okay. So, they call themselves Sangs. They say they control everything east of the mountains." I sighed. "Robbery, kidnapping, assassinations. Basically, a cartel for hire."
"I haven't said a word to you," Barney replied. "How do you know the language?"
"It's a little something called technology," I smiled.
"Christmas," Barney said into the radio.
"What?" Lee yelled back at us.