Chap 6 "A New Ranger"

Emylee's POV
"As far as I know yes," I nodded as Mike joined us. "And we kinda need our green guy there to be healthy."
"I'm as healthy as a horse," Mike replied.
"Emylee, we all need to talk," Jayden walked in with the crew and Mentor being the last one. I didn't recognize one of them. "You need to leave."
"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I replied. "May I know what this is all about before you start kicking people out of my house."
"It's about us," Jayden replied. "From now on, we aren't allowed to have any contact unless it's family, friends, and each other."
"But Blake's my best friend," I nodded.
"If you want him to be killed, then be my guest," Mentor replies.
I gasped. "Mentor," I nodded. He sternly looked at me to show he meant business. I sighed and nodded. I looked at Blake. "Blake, I'm sorry. You have to leave."
"You got to be kidding me," Blake replied. I nodded. He got up and scoffed. He opened the door but before he left, he looked at me. "I'm so glad to see that our pact about we'll always be by each other's side is a total fake." I was about to say something but I bit my tongue. "That's what I thought."
Blake left and slammed the door behind him. "Great, Jayden," Mike replied. "You don't know what you just did."
I held back my tears. "What do we need to discuss?" I asked.
"My name is Antonia Garcia," said the guy I didn't recognize. "And I would like to fight along side you Samurais, as the Gold Samurai."
"I say go for it," I nodded. "Since you still have a few days until Green is a hundred and ten."
"I'm a hundred and ten right now," Mike replied as he stood up.
I looked at Mentor and Mentor nodded. "One back flip without landing on your back and you could start training again," I nodded. Mike did a flip but landed on his back. "Sorry buddy." I helped him up. "You're still on bed rest."
"You really want Antonio in the group?" Kevin asked.
"It's going to be a few days till Mike is as good as new and mind as well," I shrugged. "If he's as good as Mentor's look says he is, then why not? I'll give him a shot."
"Looks like your part of the group," Jayden smiled.
"Thank you!" Antonio smiled as he hugged me.
"Uhm," I patted his back and he let go of me. "You're welcome?"
"We already had a two out of three vote so we just needed you," Jayden replied. "Now, we have to get Mike back to the dojo and let Mentor work his magic." I nodded. "Antonio and Emylee will start training together."
"You want me to train with her?" Antonio asked. "Piece of cake."
"Don't underestimate her dude," Mike replied as he stood up.
"Emylee, there's one thing you have to give up," Mentor held out his hand.
"You can't be serious!" I exclaimed. Mentor raised a brow. "Fine." I put my iPhone 5s in his hand. There was a phone call. "May I answer it?"
"No," Mentor replies as he picked up and put it on speaker. "Hello."
"May I speak to Emylee, please?" Adam's voice came through the phone.
"She's a little busy to come to the phone right now," Mentor replied. "Is there any way I can probably assist you?"
"Yeah," Adam replies. He explained what Blake had told him. "Is that true?"
I was going to say something but Mentor said, "Ah..." I crossed my arms. "Yes, as Emylee's Mentor, that is true. Sorry for the inconvenience and that goes for you as well." Mentor hung up. "Being a Samurai comes with responsibility."
"I didn't know giving up my best friends was one," I replied as I sat on the couch. "Mentor, they're my best friends. I made them a promise with now that it's broken because of me being a Samurai they're —"
"They're going to think that you lied," Mike cut me off. "More like betrayed them. Isn't that one of the codes of a Samurai? To not betray anyone, no matter who it may be?"
"Yes, but —"
"If it's yes, then why did you just do that to my two best friends?" I asked. "It makes no sense. Mentor, this is so confusing."
"You're friends aren't going to be there forever," Jayden replied.
"You've been a Samurai since you were five," I nodded.
"Emylee, what Jayden is trying to say is that it's going to be hard," Mia replied. "I lost all my friends."
I pointed at Mike. "Ten years old," I replied. "That's how long I've been with Mike. That's how long we've been best friends."
"Well, we are still going to be friends," Mike replied. He hugged me. "You know, let Adam and Blake think what they want. They don't understand what we go through."
My phone binged. "Blake just texted you," Mentor replied. He looked at the message. "Oh."
"What did he say?" I asked.
"You can let Mike know our friendship is over too," Mentor read. "Even though mine and his pact was bros before hoes. Hate to kill your mood, but looks like he chose you over us."
"What?" I asked turning to look at Mike. "That's really what you think of me?"
"Emylee, that's not what that pact was for," Mike replied. "It wasn't meant for you. It was for them just in case they decide to ditch me to hang out with their girlfriend."
"Yeah?" I asked. "Well, it looks like those rules for the pact wasn't made clear because he obviously thought it meant me as well." My eyes started getting watery. "Why am I even wasting my breath? You aren't even listening to me."
"Emylee," Mike sighed. "He's lying."
"Mike, one thing I learned about Blake is that he never lies," I replied. "Sorry Mike, but it's true."