Chapter 26: I love you

Becca's P.O.V
I open my eyes. There is a post it note, beside me. It says:Good morning, Babe.
(I wanted to say that to you in person)
Sorry for leaving without explaining.
I didn't want to wake you.
I went home to get ready for school.
Noah
P.S It was the best sleep I had in ages.
I dress quickly and shove the sticky note into my bag. I stumble down the stairs, smiling. Mom watches me.
"Someone sure looks happy." she points out. "If you need protection, just tell me. Noah can sleep over any time, just as long as you guys are being responsible." she whispers into my ear. I blush.

She knew. Of course, why wouldn't she? She knows everything about me!
"Mom, did dad see us? Also why did you let us sleep together."I ask, curious.
"Dad didn't see. He was distracted by work. Second answer, I let you guys, because I knew you guys slept beside each other for almost 4 weeks and nothing happened. So I mean you coming home, not pregnant was proof." she answers.

I hear Audrey honk at us. "Gotta go, mom. See you later. Love you." I said, quickly kissing her cheek.
I run outside and opened the door. "Morning!" I chirped. Audrey and Stacy shared a glance and looked at me.

I am usually not a morning person, so it was understandable. "You ok?" Stacy asks, putting her hand on my forehead.
"Let me guess, Jackson?" Audrey guesses. I almost forgot that everyone calls him Jackson! I smile.
"Girl, you got it bad." Audrey jokes.

She parks the car and we get off. Noah heads towards me. "Hey, babe." he said as he kissed my cheek. I lean over and hesitate. What if I just imagined his words.

There is something final about the words, I love you. It was like giving the other person the key to your heart. I love you was showing the other person, everything about you. You had no control in the way they saw who you are, you can only hope that they appreciate it.

Once you said it, there was no turning back. I love you meant surrendering all the vulnerability you own to someone, hoping that they won't crush it. I love you wasn't an invitation for sex, it was the next step of commitment.

I took a deep breath. "I love you" I squeak into his ear.

Noah's entire face brightens, his eyes are twinkling and his lips are stretched out so wide, I thought his face will rip in half. " I thought you were gonna leaving me hanging, babe. For the record, I love you, too. " he replies. I blush shyly. I plant a kiss on his cheek.
The cool almost autumn breeze hits us and I shiver. He holds me in his arms. He smells of Noah, my bed and soap. He brushes a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I love the way he keeps me warm, the way he keeps me on my toes. I love the way he made me feel vulnerable yet strong at the same time.
Love wasn't a feeling or an emotion, it was so much more than that.

It was my state of being, which turns into character which turns into personality which turns into my soul. My love for Noah has changed and shaped me into who am I today. His love makes me a better person, a person I never thought I'll ever be.