Chapter 30: Facing reality

Becca's P.O.V
"Stacy, He doesn't remember anything. He doesn't remember me." I sobbed, pressing the phone tightly against my ear.
"It's going to be fine. I am sure that he was just dazed or something." she lies, trying to heal my broken heart. I hear Stacy squeal and say.
"Audrey, give it back." I sighed.

"Hey, I heard what happened. Look I know it hard, but this is one fucked up world. Either you choose to be fucked up with it or you can give a shit about it." sympathises Audrey. Deep down, I knew she was right.
"Thanks, Audrey. I gotta go." I said as I hung up. I walk to the the bathroom and rinsed my face. I return to my room, feeling more calm and refreshed. The right thing to do was face Noah and move on if he doesn't remember.
However the easier and the painless way was to just ignore him and mourn in private.

Audrey was right, Noah would do the same if I was in that position. He'd probably stay by my side in any situation. That's the kind of guy he was. He was a big gesture person and I was just being a needy, selfish self pitying chicken who happened to catch Noah's eye. I wasn't that girl anymore. I was the girl who survived on a island for almost 3 weeks.

I sighed. I pick up my jacket and bag. I head downstairs. Mom looks at me with concern.
"Mom, I am going to go see Noah." I said, as I grabbed an apple from the kitchen bowl.
"Okay, honey. Be home by 6." she calls as I walk out the door, before I can change my mind.

I thought about what I was going to say to him. What should I say? I am your girlfriend, but you don't remember. You loved me, but now you don't remember. If my life was a freaking movie, Noah would be like, "I know you miss the guy who was your boyfriend, I can try to be that guy again." And we'll kiss or something. The only problem here, was MY LIFE WASN'T A MOVIE.

In reality, most likely he will just think I was a desperate, wannabe stalker girl. He'll move on and have kids of his own. Talk about funny stories about a girl lying to him about being his girlfriend and how girls those days were so desperate. I push away the nagging thoughts and take a deep breath.

I push open the hospital doors. I walk over to the hospital counter, again. "Hi- I started to say. I am crushed by a huge bear hug.
"Oh, honey, I thought that you weren't coming back." says Noah's mom. I sighed.
"I need to talk to Noah." I said, as we headed towards room 354.

Noah sits up, immediately as we enter. "Hey, mom." he says, grinning at his mom.
"Noah?" I ask.
"Yeah?" he answers, probably wondering who I was.
"Um. We need to talk." I said, sighing.