Chapter 32: My fail attempt at moving on

Becca P.O.V
I wiped my eyes in the bathroom. Stacy looks at me. She pulls me into a hug.
"So does he remember?"she questions, immediately.
"No." I answer.
"Oh, Becca! Sweetie." she says.
I lean over and get my homecoming dress from my closet.

"Are you sure you want to go?" she asks, rubbing my back, gently.
"I do. I don't want to waste this dress and besides there might be a new hottie on the way. Without me knowing it." I joked, weakly.

She zips up the dress.
I brush out my hair. I curl my hair into tiny ringlets. We gossip and giggle as we get ready. Just like the old days.
I apply my mascara with special care. I put it away and examine myself in the mirror. I look good. If only Noah would see me, now.
Stacy comes into the bathroom. She gasps, dramatically.

"Wow, someone's really hot." she approves.
"That sounded wrong, Stacy." I joke. She swats me.
"You know what I mean! You - she scolds

"Use PG words please." I interrupt.
"Boogerhead." she finishes. I giggle. Seriously, out of all possible words, boogerhead?
"What? I thought that was the best word that described you." she defends herself.

I flash her a grin and walk to the closet. As I pull out a cardigan, Noah's hoodie falls out. He had left it, when he slept in my bed with me, the other night. Instead of throwing it back, I hug it close to me. The familiar scent of Noah fills up my nose. I feel my heart ripping into piecesI pull on my cardigan and hold the hoodie in one hand. Stacy and I jump into Audrey's car, excitedly.

"So, did you give a shit?" Audrey asks. I laugh.
"That is so rude!" Stacy scolds her.
"I did. But here I am." I replied. Audrey's face softens and pulls me into a hug.
"That sucks." she said.

We arrive at school. Audrey parks the car. We get out and Stacy starts talking excitedly about a new boy called Dave or was it Josh?
I zone out. "Are you okay, Becca? I heard, Stacy ask.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied, giving her a smile.

We enter the school. The gym was filled with couples that can barely keep their hands off each other and cheesy music.
Why was I being so cynical or in Audrey's words, an arse? Be nice, Becca. There was so much love in the air. I turned to look at Stacy and Audrey, but they were gone. Somehow, Stacy was dancing with Dave/Josh and Audrey was flirting with an unknown guy.

I tried to stand tall and walk pass them, but I felt heartbroken. Going to the homecoming was like rubbing my face into the fact that I wasn't loved or wanted by anyone, anymore. It reminded me of my loss and my jealously overcame me and I fled the gym, through the back doors.
I decided to walk home. It started to snow, lightly.
My life was a wreck.