21.

Soon enough, semester break was over and all the students were headed back to Leeds University, including Harry and Louis.

And during that break, both Christmas and Louis' birthday had passed, so Harry had made sure to talk to him and wish him a good day on both occasions.

Harry had driven back early in the morning, wanting to get back to the campus before most other people, seeing as though he didn't like crowds and was viable to panic attacks.

So he'd gotten up early, said his goodbyes to his mum and sister (both of them warning him to be careful when it came to Louis) and driven in his beaten up car back to Leeds.

By the time he'd arrived, there were a few other students arriving too, but it seemed he'd made it back just before everyone else.

So he took his bags to his dorm room, keeping his eyes on the floor as he went, desperately trying to avoid as many people as possible.

Even though his anxiety had gotten a little better now that he had a better support system in his friends, he still felt it bubbling up in the pits of his stomach at times. The boys were a great help, but they weren't a cure.

Once he got to his room, he fumbled around for his keys before he managed to unlock the door and get inside.

He dumped his bags on his bed and ran a hand through his hair, leaving the door open for some fresh air, because he knew he'd end up closing it the moment the hallway became crowded.

Niall wasn't due to be back until the following day, because he'd gone to Ireland to visit his family and his flight wasn't going to land until the following morning, so Harry had the day, and night, to himself.

He let out a long breath before looking around the room, taking it all in because yeah, he was back.

He smiled a little, before taking his phone and wallet out of his pocket to put on his bedside table, and that was when he noticed the unread message on his phone.

[ From: Lou <3 ]

Just left home, mum says hi, I'll see you soon! :)

Harry saw that he'd sent it nearly an hour ago, meaning that he'd be arriving at any moment, the thought sending shivers up his spine.

The two of them had texted every day of the break, but hadn't found much time to actually talk. It had felt like so long since he'd heard Louis' voice, and he honestly couldn't wait to see the boy again, he'd missed him like crazy.

Harry smiled at the message, and decided not to text him back because he was probably driving, and instead put the phone down and began to unpack.

He opened his bag and took out the first shirt, folding it nicely before turning around to his dresser, only to freeze when he saw who was standing in the doorway.

"H-Hi." Harry stuttered, a small smile appearing on his lips as he saw the boy leaning on the doorframe, arms crossed as he smile.

"Hi," Ed answered. "Have a good break?"

"Y-Yeah." Harry replied with a nervous smile, his eyes darting to the ground as he walked towards his dresser to put away the shirt. "You?"

"Yeah." Ed nodded, a smile on his face as he watched the younger boy. "Hey, I uh, I wanted to ask you something."

"Yeah?" Harry whispered, finally looking up at the ginger. He saw more and more people in the hallway, arriving back from their break, and it was starting to get louder, raising his anxiety levels high, but Ed didn't seem to notice, or maybe it was that he didn't care, Harry didn't know.