38

- 18th May 2008 -

"Harry!"

The 12-year-old whipped his head around, hearing his boyfriend call his name. The curly haired boy grinned at him and jumped down from the back veranda, to jog over to the fence where Louis' little head was poking over the top.

Harry climbed up on his side so their heads were level, and quickly pecked his lips, turning Louis' face to a shade of red.

"Haz!" He whispered, quickly looking around as his smile faded. "You can't do that out here! You know my dad-"

"Right." Harry's eyes went wide as he realized. "Sorry, I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Louis reassured him after he'd made sure they were really alone. He couldn't have his dad knowing that they were together. He was already weird about them being friends so he had no idea what he'd do to him if they kissed.

"Wanna kick the ball around?" He asked, and Harry nodded, climbing down on his side of the fence so Louis could climb over to him.

He watched as Louis dropped to the ground, and once his feet were firmly planted, he grabbed the front of Harry's shirt and pulled him in for a kiss, much more confident with the fence blocking anyone's view.

"Let's go." His eyes sparkled, and Harry nodded again, unable to say anything. Louis was so amazing, he often couldn't form words around him.

Louis ran a few paces, dropping the ball at his feet before he turned to face Harry and sent the ball flying across the grass towards him.

He stuck his small foot out to stop it, but he missed, the ball hitting the fence with a small thud. Harry frowned as went to retrieve it, as Louis shouted 'Goal!' and laughed loudly.

"Good work, Lou." Harry congratulated him before he kicked it back, not nearly as hard as Louis was able to kick the ball.

Sometimes, Harry was sad that he wasn't good at sports, but he was good at other things and Louis never let him forget it. They were like a support system for each other, always encouraging and making sure the other was proud of their achievements.

Louis kicked the ball back, and Harry missed again, and this time, it rolled away. So Harry ran after it and picked it up, slowly walking back to Louis with the ball in his hands.

"Here," He dropped it at their feet when he was only a foot away from his boy. "Let's see how you do with some pressure."

Harry crouched a little, and put his hands out as he tried to guard Louis a little. Louis grinned and got a competitive look on his face as he placed a foot on top of the ball and nodded.

"Alright," He grinned. "Bring it, Curly."

Harry smiled widely as Louis tried to get past him, but the younger boy managed to block him, so Louis retreated and tried again. Harry ran at him this time, and Louis again, tried to get past him, but they ended up falling in bouts of laughter.

Harry was lying on top of Louis' stomach, the ball forgotten, as they giggled. Harry rolled off him, leaving them lying side by side in the grass as they tried to catch their breaths.

"Not bad." Louis panted. "You're getting better."

"Not as good as you though," Harry laughed, rolling his eyes as he turned on his side to face the other boy. "You're going to be such a good player one day, Lou."