24.

Harry and Louis were in Harry's dorm room, one of the boys lying casually on the bed, watching the other boy while he struggled with what to wear.

"Harry," Louis sighed from the bed. "Just pick a shirt."

Harry, on the other hand, groaned as he held up 3 different button-ups in the mirror, worrying his ass off about which to pick.

"It's not that easy, Lou." Harry moaned, turning around to face him. "Help?"

Louis was typing on his phone, but looked up when Harry started pouting. So he finished his text to Zayn and put the phone down, getting off the bed with a small smile as he went over to his friend.

"Here." He said, taking the shirts from his hands and putting them on the bed before taking both of Harry's hands in his own. "You'll look great in anything."

"I'm being serious." Harry mumbled. "I don't want to look dumb..."

"I know, curly." Louis nodded, stroking the backs of his hands with his thumbs. "Here, let me..."

Louis let go and turned back around to the bed, picking up the prettiest button-up that Harry owned (in Louis' opinion). It was a pink spotty one that honestly, Louis thought would make Harry look amazing.

"This one is the best." Louis said, holding it up against him. "It'll make you look amazing, H."

"Yeah?" Harry asked, taking it from his friend and slipping it on, quickly doing it up before looking at himself in the mirror. "You s-sure? I'm nervous, Lou."

"You don't need to be," Louis replied, shaking his head as he turned Harry around by his shoulders and looked at him.

"Y-You know I don't like crowds." Harry mumbled, and Louis sighed reaching forward and squeezing his hand.

"How's this." Louis suggested, smiling brightly. "I'll stay by your side the whole time. Maybe even offer you a dance later on?"

"Yeah?" Harry asked, eyes hopeful.

"Yeah." Louis confirmed, leaning up to kiss his cheek lightly before leaning back again.

Louis straightened out Harry's shirt, and ran his hand through Harry's shoulder length hair, messing it around a little before deeming him ready.

"There you go." Louis grinned. "You're all done."

"Thanks, Lou." Harry chirped, leaning forward to kiss his cheek quickly, returning the favour, before turning back around to look at himself in the mirror, Louis standing behind him.

"Can we go now?" Louis grumbled, falling back onto the bed as he stared at the ceiling.

"Yeah, yeah." Harry laughed, getting everything he'd need before helping Louis up off the bed. "C'mon."

"Yay." Louis smiled, taking Harry's hand and pulling him towards the door.

And Harry let him, because there really wasn't much that he wouldn't do for that boy.

.

"You okay?" Louis asked Harry for the hundredth time, as someone pushed past them, knocking Harry's arm.

Louis was fully aware of the extent of Harry's anxiety now, and only wanted the boy to feel okay.

"You know we can go home anytime." Louis said in a low voice, resting a reassuring hand on his arm, gently rubbing it with his thumb.

"I-I'm okay." Harry stuttered, squeezing his eyes closed when another drunk person bumped into him. "T-Thanks, Lou."

Louis smiled at him, and gave his arm a quick squeeze, but didn't make any indication of moving, leaving his hand where it was.