27.

Present Day 2015

.

When Louis woke up the following morning, everything seemed much clearer.

Harry and Ed were going to be a thing, and as hard as that was for Louis to watch, he knew it needed to happen.

Harry could move on, and maybe Louis could too, and then the world would be much happier because no one would need Louis. No one could need Louis. Because Louis only broke people.

Once he was ready and showered, he made his way to class, walking through the crowds of people in the hallways all doing the same thing he was.

Except he knew a shortcut, rather than having to battle his way through the hoards of students.

Through the music corridor, where all the practice rooms were. No one really used them, and Louis liked the quiet walk. It allowed him to think.

It was only when he turned a corner into a much smaller hallway, one that would get him to class faster, that it was quiet enough to hear himself think.

He stopped in the empty corridor and leant against the wall, putting his head in his hands as he slid down the wall, his bum hitting the floor.

He was such a mess and he didn't know what to do. He needed to push Harry away, but he wasn't sure it was going to be so easy.

He was hopelessly in love with the boy, but there was no way it could work. And every time he thought of that, he wanted to break down a cry.

So as he sat on the floor of the tiny hallway, he had to try extra hard not to cry, especially seeing as though he had class in a matter of minutes.

If I could fly...

Louis frowned as the lilting piano melody and matching voice floated through the empty area he was in. He had been sure he was alone. Obviously not.

I'd be coming right back home to you...

Louis pulled his hands away from his face and sniffled, straining his ears to listen to the strangely familiar, yet completely new voice.

I think I might give up everything, just ask me to...

Wiping his tears one last time, Louis shakily stood to his feet, wiping his face and running his fingers through his fringe.

Pay attention, I hope that you listen, cause I let my guard down. Right now I'm completely defenseless...

Louis took a step forward, following the music down the hallway as he frowned, trying to place the song. He hadn't heard it before, but he was transfixed. It was beautiful, he thought.

For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart, when you're lonely, and forget who you are...

Louis gulped and slowly moved further down the hall, until he noticed an open door, where the sound seemed to be coming from.

I'm missing half or me, when we're apart, now you know me, for your eyes only...

Louis approached the door, and slowly stuck his head around the corner as the piano continued. He took a shaky breath as he realized who was creating the beautiful music.

Harry.

"H-Harry." Louis whispered as he stepped fully into the doorway, making the younger boy jump and stop playing abruptly. Louis smiled at him, as Harry clutched his shirt over his heart.

"Lou..." Harry drawled, unable to fight the smile that formed on his lips whenever he saw the older boy. "You sc-scared me."

"Sorry." Louis chuckled, looking at the floor before looking back up at him. "May I...?