34.

Harry let out a long breath as he flopped onto his bed, the baby blue walls staring back at him. His old pictures were still stuck around his mirror, and photos of he and Louis, and their other friends, were in picture frames on his dresser. It was full of memories from simpler days. When he could do what he wanted and think as he pleased without the worry of other people's opinions to make him hide away.

He put his hands behind his head as he let his shopping bags fall around him on the mattress. He'd been shopping with his mum that morning, not a good idea when the shops are full due to it being a Saturday. But he loved it all the same because it meant he got to spend time with Anne. He'd really missed her since staying at uni.

He stared up at the roof where his glow-in-the-dark stickers were still stuck. He had such good memories of his bedroom, most of which involved Louis. He also had some pretty bad ones, but he chose to block them out in favour of filling his brain with images of him as his boyfriend as kids, being the happiest he'd ever remembered.

He smiled thinking of him. It had been a week and a half, and Louis was due to come down to Holmes Chapel on Monday, but Harry really couldn't wait. They texted all the time, and called each other most nights, but Harry really only wanted Louis to cuddle him into his chest and kiss him hard.

[From: Lou <3] How was shopping ?

Harry grinned and rolled onto his stomach as he replied.

[To: Lou <3] Shops were crowded, but good. Mum and I talked about you. She misses you.

The reply came almost right away.

[From: Lou <3] 2 more days . I miss u , curly .

Harry bit his lip as he replied that he missed him too, trying to control he flutter in his stomach every time Louis said anything remotely cute.

"Harry, love!" He heard his mother call from downstairs, snapping him out of his Louis-induced haze. "Come help with lunch."

Harry sat up and ran a hand through his hair, moving the bags to the side before he stood up and went down stairs.

"What w-would you like me to d-do, mum?" Harry grinned as he entered the kitchen and sat at the breakfast bar, watching his mother cut up tomatoes and cucumber to make salad sandwiches when his phone buzzed in his pocket.

[From: Lou <3] Tell ur mum I miss her too , more than u because shes cooler .

Harry rolled his eyes at Louis' idiotic sense of humour before he answered.

[To: Lou <3] What are you up to today? Is your mum still busy with the girls?

"Grab the bread and butter it for me?" She asked.

"Course." Harry said as he got up to do as she asked.

"Now, tell me again why you can't stay another week?" She asked. "I miss my baby boy."

"Mum," Harry blushed as he grabbed what he needed from the cupboard, before setting up beside his mother at the bench. "I'm g-going to London w-with Louis, you knew th-that."

His phone buzzed again, so he paused what he was doing to check it.

[From: Lou <3] Yeh . Im all alone till dinner .

[To: Lou <3] Poor baby. xx

"But I miss you, love." She continued. "I wish you'd stay a little longer."

"M'Sorry." Harry mumbled, only half meaning his apology. As much as he loved spending time with his mum, he really couldn't wait to spend some alone time with Louis.