Never Let Him Go

Chapter: Never Let Him Go

Author: Axel Otto

After Cain came that one weekend, a few weeks later I asked him to be my boyfriend.

In retrospect, I was being an idiot. Cain had told me he loved me, and I had said the same to him. I thought that what I had with Cain was love because I had kept him around for so long. I thought that since he was a regularity in my life, like Riles was, that meant that I loved him, and then in turn, I needed to ask him to be my boyfriend, despite the four hour distance between us.

I asked him through a Skype call and he said yes and told me he loved me. That was a Monday. Two sexless weeks later, I planned a surprise visit to NYU. I had had enough of being a respectful celibate boyfriend, and I really needed to get laid. I was now in a wrist brace instead of a hard cast, so I figured Cain wouldn't mind. I bid Tuck goodbye after he dropped me off at the train station, then left for the city. I had texted Cain's mom for his dorm info in order to keep it a surprise.

I knocked on his door. By now it was 9 PM on a Friday and I was beginning to realize I really should have checked to make sure he was here, but a few minutes later he opened the dorm room door, very shirtless, and very appetizing.

As soon as he was shouting "AXEL!" I was kissing him. I forced myself through the door, dropped my belongings haphazardly on the floor, then shut us in the pitch black room together, my lips still on his, my hormones practically digging my fingers into Cain's hips themselves. (I hadn't had sex with anyone since he had last visited me. This was a one month record, and my longest one to date. Except for the 14-year long period before I knew I could shove my dick in holes.)

Cain pulled away from me first.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Confused, I let my eyebrows furrow. He sounded pissed. Very pissed.

"I just wanted to surprise you... Where are the lights, Damnit?" I let my hand grope around the wall for a few seconds, hitting the switch right as Cain let out a cry of "Axel, stop!" I didn't though, and light filled the room. The image of a very large male figure in one of the beds filled the room as well.

Being the dumbass I am, I smiled, walked over to the half-naked, burly dude in the bed, and stuck my handout. I didn't even process how confused he looked.

"Hey, you must be Cain's roommate. I'm Axel, Cain's boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?"

The man's voice was so deep it gave me chills. The astonishment in his voice sent me into a frenzied panic. I assumed that this man didn't know Cain was gay, and I began trying to fix the situation.

"Oh shit, Cain, I'm sorry, does he not know? I didn't mean to-"
I was instantly cut off by the man's authoritative growl. "I know Cain is gay, douchebag. Most likely because he's my boyfriend."

I remember laughing slightly at this, thinking it was some sort of joke the roommate was playing on me. But when I looked behind me at Cain to smile, he wasn't smiling back. He was giving me a look of sympathy.

"Axel, I should have told you-"

"Told me what? What the hell is this!?" I was angry.

"Jason is... Jason is my boyfriend. I'm... We're in love, Ax."

"You told me you loved me! You are my boyfriend, not this cocksucker's! What the hell, Cain, is this some kind of joke? I hope for your sake, it is."