Now, The End.

Chapter: Now, The End.

Author: Axel Otto (with Tucker hovering over my shoulder)

In Hawaii, Tucker and I didn't say anything about our engagement. We decided to act like everything was normal until we got back home, in order to keep the focus of the trip on Rick and Ms. O, like it was supposed to be. Somehow, between stolen kisses and secret knee-squeezing under the dinner table, we managed to pull it off with no one, except my sister, knowing what had happened. Tucker is claiming that Danny totally knew, but I still don't believe it.

We all went back home two weeks later in order to break the news. Maggie, Tucker, and I asked everyone to gather in the Oak's living room. My parents, Tuck's parents, and Peter were all staring up at us, wide-eyed and anxiously awaiting our "news."

They all sat down on couches and chairs and allowed us to take the floor. Maggie stepped up first.

"So, the three of us have some... we have some updates to give you all."

"Updates?" Of course my father had asked in German.

"Ruhige, papa!" Maggie turned back to the rest of the family. "Anyway," she paused, glancing at Tuck. He was sweating and his hands were shaking; she knew he wouldn't be much help. So, she took a deep breath. "Tucker and I have decided, we have mutually decided, that we are not going to get married."

My mother gasped. Tucker winced. Maggie kept the peace. "I know this may be surprising," she raised her voice, silencing the murmurs that had arisen. "But it's the right choice. Tuck and I just don't love each other like a husband and wife should love each other," she turned towards Tuck, who was currently looking at me, and only me. I nudged him, and he turned back towards his ex-fiancé, blushing. Tucker nodded rapidly in agreement. He had no idea what she was even saying, he had been "too distracted by the look in my eyes." (Yes, he did just say that. HAH, gaaaaaaaaay.)

"Yes, what Maggie said. We just, we just didn't want to make a mistake." Tucker turned to look at me again. I drove my elbow into his side. He was giving too much away--we hadn't made our announcement yet.

Everyone was silent for a bit. Ms. O was trying to keep herself from smiling. My mom looked generally confused. My father looked a bit indifferent.

"Well," he was the first one to speak up. "I can't say that we won't miss having you in the family, Tucker. You're a good man."

Here's where I let out a very awkward laugh. Everyone turned towards me. Tuck tried to hide his smile by turning away from me and gripping the bridge of his nose. "Well that's the kicker isn't it?" Maggie snorted at my words. Tucker suppressed another grin.

"Okay, now I'm confused. Octavius, what's going on?" My mother was not happy that we were making light of the situation.

I tried my best to put on a straight face. "Well, Mutti, you and dad got lucky. Tucker's still going to be a member of the family."

My mother was still confused. Ms. O was not. She squealed and clapped her hands. My mother turned towards her. "Sandy, do you know what's going on?" She turned back towards me, not even giving Ms. O a chance to say anything. "Axel, what's going on?!"

This time, Tucker was the one who spoke. "I've asked Axel to marry me, Rachel. And well, he said uh, he said yes."

Peter let out a hearty chuckle and a murmur that sounded suspiciously like, "and you said you weren't gay." My dad's eyebrows rose, but he was smiling. He was definitely smiling. My mom, on the other hand, could only look at Magdalene.

"Axel, your sister..."

"Mom," Maggie spoke up. She reached out and grabbed my mother's hand. "Mom, it's okay. It's okay, mom," my mom looked over at the two of us, still dumbstruck. "Do you see them?" Maggie said.  "Have you even been here the past nine years? Axel's been in love with Tuck since he met him!"

"Seriously, Rachel, this isn't that big a surprise," my father was the one who acted as the voice of reason. "I had figured it was going to happen at some point, maybe after two marriages and a few kids, but this... this is so much better," he stood up. "Herzliche Glückwünsche," he said, pulling me in for a hug. "Ich liebe dich, Octavius."

I felt myself laugh at the irony. My father. My father, the man who was akin to Voldemort at times, my father was the one to offer Tuck and I our first congratulations. I pulled away from him, and then he offered Tucker the same embrace. I was dumbfounded.

My mother stood up next, her hand and eyes still on Maggie. "Magdalene..."

"Mom," Maggie squeezed her fingers. "I'm fine. I'm... I'm actually better than fine. I've, uh, I've actually been seeing someone. Someone who makes me so happy."

At this, my mother broke into a smile. "Thank god," she said, pulling my sister in for a hug. Afterwards, she reached out for me. "All I want is both my babies to be happy, Axel. I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize, mom."

She grabbed Tucker's hand, and then she grabbed mine. She smiled and shook her head, staring at the two of us. "How did I miss this? Where have I been all these years?"

I rolled my eyes. "Obviously not paying attention. I've had my eyes on this boy since I realized that sex with boys was just as fun as sex with girls."

My mother slapped the back of my head, and the three of us laughed. Tucker kissed my cheek.

Suddenly, I remembered what Maggie had said earlier. I turned towards my sister. "MAGS! Who's the lucky man? Who am I giving an ass kicking?"

Maggie rolled her eyes, but she was clearly blushing. She bit her lip, glancing over in Rick's direction. "Danny. His name is Danny."

End of Part Three