The Wedding

The Wedding—Tucker

Axel and I had been on edge since three in the morning. Maggie had read our book. She had read our book. The book where Axel writes about our almost-sex, the book where I basically let Axel deicide if I should marry her, and the book where I essentially say I'd rather be married to her brother!

Yeah. She read that book.

To make everything so much better, it was wedding day.

Somehow, amidst Maggie helping my mom get ready for the day, I had gotten Axel alone. I had pulled him into one of the men's restrooms in the lobby and locked the door.

"Axel, I'm freaking the fuck out."

"Well so am I, Tuck! She's my fucking sister!"

"She's my fiancé!"

"We're so fucked," Axel's fingers pulled on the edges of his hair. "And the worst part is, she hasn't said anything. She's just waiting. She's fucking playing us! She probably knows we know! Have you been acting weird around her? Do you think she knew you were gone last night?"

"I don't know, Ax, I just don't know! Fuck." I turned away from him and started pacing on the tiled floor.

"Babe, you're making me nauseas."

I swore. Only Axel could make my fucking stomach flutter at a time like this.

"Axel, what are we supposed to do? She knows I don't love her! My fiancé knows that I don't love her! God, what the fuck did I do? Axel, why didn't you stop me! Why did you let this happen! FUCK."
Axel stepped up to me, and put his hands on my shoulders as I tried not to hyperventilate.

"First," he said, rubbing my arms. "Fuck you, okay? We could have at least had this conversation on the beach, or in the hot tub, or something nicer than this outhouse. I need some better writing material." I looked up at him, a laugh escaping my lips. He was smiling. "And second, fuck you! You did this to yourself! You proposed, not me!"

I groaned, and he pulled me into his chest. "I'm sorry, Axel. God, I'm a mess. I'm a dick and I'm a mess."
"I'd like to make your dick a mess," is what Axel whispered in my ear instead of helping the situation. I pushed him away from me, now laughing again. He had a habit of making me laugh.

"Fuck you! We need to figure this out. Please, Ax, you gotta help me. I don't know what to do about your sister."

He took a deep breath. "Okay. First, I need you to tell me everything you want."

"What? That's dumb, Ax, you know—"

"No, Tucker. It's not dumb. You've been playing games with Maggie, with me even, since that night at the bar, and I need to know what's going on in your head right now. I need to know everything, otherwise I can't help you."

I sighed. "Axel..."

"Don't you Axel me! Speak, boy." He crossed his arms over his chest. I looked away from him. "Alright fine, pussy boy. We'll start easy. What are your feelings towards Maggie? Do you want to marry her?"

I gave him a look for the pussy comment, but I sighed, and answered him. "I love Maggie, you know that. I just don't love her like... like you're supposed to love the person you're going to marry."

"Alright, elaborate on that."
I gave him another look. "Oh come on, Ax. You know how I feel."

He shook his head. "No, Tuck, no I don't. So keep going."