An Unexpected Accident

About a week later, I had gotten an invitation to almost every upcoming ball hosted by many different noblemen. Several of which were not betrothed as of yet. My mother suddenly decided that I needed a few new gowns and so she dragged me out to the dress boutique in London to get some. I despise shopping with her sometimes, she'll usually chose something either to frilly or too puffy. I prefer a more simple and more fitful selection that does not detract from me.

   "(Y/N), how about this one dear?" she asked holding up a light pink gown practically consumed in huge ruffles. 

   "No mother, it's far too flouncy" I said shaking my head. Mother rolled her eyes and put the dress back. 

    "Fine then, choose something you like." she said crossing her arms before leaving the store. I sighed and walked along the racks, searching for a dress. A few moments later something caught my eye. It was a black corset gown with velvet rose designs all over it. The sleeves were bubble style sleeves that made the dress seem fancy but not over the top. The skirt was about ankle length and was about 3 layers thick so it wasn't too big or puffy. I smiled and got the dress before going to find my mother.

|Play music now|

I walked down the streets for a bit and came across a bunch of people gathered around what looked like a crashed carriage. Curious, I decided to see what was going on. As I got closer, I heard murmurs escaping the crowd. 

   "What a terrible accident!"...

   "Oh dear I hope that woman is alright!"

   'Woman? Oh no.....' I thought as I pushed through the crowd. To my despair, I encountered my mother laying there on the ground. She wasn't moving, I couldn't feel a pulse and her body was limp. 

     "Oh no.... Mother....please wake up, you can't die not you too..no!" I cried hugging her lifeless body. Tears were streaming down my face in sorrow. Alone, no one there who knew me.....

{Time skip to later that night brought to you by sadness because you feel it}

  I was sent home by the doctor who confirmed my mother to be dead. The mansion was cold somehow as well as empty. Total silence driving me insane by the second. Until suddenly, I heard the maid, Lucy, open the door for someone followed by footsteps growing closer and closer. I was in the piano room, sitting on the bench as my tears fell over the ivory keys. The door opened and I could see the shadow of Ciel and Sebastian as the light from the hall poured into the dark room. 

   "(Y/N)...I'm so sorry." Ciel said. I stopped crying and didn't say a word. 

   "Your mother..she left a list of things that she wanted to happen if she dies suddenly like she has. On that list....she wrote that she wants you to live with me in my mansion until you are betrothed." He stated putting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded in agreement and went upstairs to get my things.