Invitation from a Noble

A few days after moving into the Phantomhive Manor, I started to feel at home. Finny, Bard and Mey-Rin were my new friends. Ciel never spoke to me much but that was expected. I spoke to Sebastian every now and then which was quite pleasant. Everything seemed to finally be somewhat calm for once. Then one morning when I was having breakfast....

   "Milady?"

    "Yes?" I said. Mey-Rin stepped in holding something in her hand. 

    "I-I beg your pardon Lady (Y/N), but you have received this." she said handing me a white envelope with a red wax seal on it. 

    "Thank you Mey-Rin." I said before she walked out. I looked at the seal, to see a crest with a spider in the center. I opened the envelope and pulled out an invitation to an upcoming ball.

The invitation said:

Dear Lady (Y/N) (L/N),

  I am here to inform you that my master Alois Earl Trancy has exuberantly invited you to the Trancy ball next week. He asks that you wear formal attire for this occasion. The ball shall take place at the Trancy Mansion at 4:00 PM sharp and end at 12:00 AM. We hope you can attend.

Sincerely,
The Trancy household

       I thought about it carefully. I knew straight out that I did not wish to attend this ball. However my mother would've wanted me to, as would my father. Though they are both dead I shall still respect and honor their wishes. So I decided that I would indeed attend the Trancy Ball. 

    "Good Morning Lady (Y/N)." Sebastian said. He was smiling happily at me until he saw the invitation in my hand and the envelope with the spider seal in front of me. I saw a flash of rage cross his face but he quickly hid it. 

     "If I may ask, who is that invitation addressed to?" he asked. "Oh....um...it's addressed to me, to go to the Trancy Ball." I said nervously.

       He stood there a bit angrily at first, completely silent and seemed to be pondering something. Then out of nowhere his smile returned only there was a slight glint of slyness in his eyes. 

   "Oh how wonderful, it seems my lord received an invitation as well. If you will allow it milady, I would be honored to be your escort to the ball that evening." He bowed. I smiled and blushed a little 

    "O-Oh how kind of you Sebastian, I'd love to have you as my escort." I said.  Sebastian stood up and smirked at me. 

     "If I couldn't be by your side for your first ball as a courtable lady, then what kind of butler would I be?"