Chapter 5

Summer was coming to an end and that ment it was almost the Pine twins birthday. Bill got a part time job at the diner to earn extra money to buy Dipper and Mabel's gift. He thought of buying a shooting star charm for Mabel but didn't know what to give his beloved Pine Tree. 

     "Hey Shooting Star, I need your help."

     "Sure. What'd you need help with?"

     "Do you know what I should get for Dipper's birthday present?"

     "Well, I know he's had his eye on a book but I already bought it for his present... How 'bout you get him something to represent your relationship!"

     "Something to represent our relationship. Hmmm.... Like a heart? I can't give him my heart but I can give him a deer's heart.

     "Umm, no. Not really what I had in mind but something like necklace that say 'I love you' or something."

     "Hmm...I think I got it! Thanks Shooting Star!"

     "No problem. Don't hurt living things when getting the present!" Bill ran straight to the store to by his gifts for the twins. 

      It was finally the day to give Dipper's gift and Bill was a little nervous. 

    "I hope he'll like it." Bill walked down the stairs and into living room where the party was. He said hi to everyone, trying to start conversations with the guest. When the time came for the twins to open their gifts, Bill gave Mabel the charm and gave Dipper a small box. Dipper was curios to see what was in the small box and when opened it, he found a small heart shaped locket in side. In side of the locket was a picture of him and Bill. Dipper hugged Bill and Bill helped Dipper put on the locket around his neck. 

     At the end of the day, everyone asked which present was the best present. Mabel's was a glow in the dark sweater Soos got her but Dipper said his was the locket not because it was something Bill had gotten him, but it was because he was able to feel all the love, thought, and effort that Bill tried to give to him.