twenty four

Triple update (:

---

My eyelids slowly fluttered open and adjusted to the light of the room. I was lying on my side turned away from Jack, whose arm was still wrapped around me. Our legs were tangled under the sheets that were barely covering our bodies. I shifted a little under his embrace and slid my feet off the bed. As I moved, my butt rubbed against the mattress and I winced.

Last night had been rough, but in a good way. I slid out from under Jacks arm, my ass burning as I moved. I bit my lip to stop myself from enunciating my pain. I really did not want to wake him. He was such a cutie. Jacks arm gently flopped onto the bed behind me as my spot beside him was now vacated. He didn't even stir.

My feet felt shaky the moment they landed on the floor and the next thing I knew I had collapsed on the floor. I gasped out in pain as my ass hit the ground. I heard Jack stir. "Kate?" he groggily questioned. I heard him sit up in our bed, the sheets shifting.
"Mhmm," I responded through gritted teeth.

"Babe?" he asked again. Leaning over my side of the bed to see me sitting on the floor. "Why are you on the floor?"

I still hadn't managed to get back up to my feet and I honestly did not know if I was going to be able to. I placed one arm on the bed and leaned back on it trying to use it as leverage to get back up. I pushed up a little but I fell right back down and the gasp I so desperately didn't want to leave my lips, did.

"Kate?" Jack asked, filled with concern. He had now gotten out of bed. I heard his footsteps padding their way over to where I sat.
I looked up at his tall frame with wide eyes. "Yes?"
"Why are you sitting on the floor?"

"I kind of fell?" I suggested with a weak shrug of my shoulders.
"And you can't get up?" he raised an eyebrow.
"Well, yeah," I agreed quietly, looking down.

He chuckled to himself quietly, shaking his head at me. He extended an arm, offering it to me. I removed my arm from the side of the bed and extended it towards his outstretched one. His hand grabbed onto mine, but mine let go meekly. He laughed out loud. "I really took a toll on you last night," he mused.
"It's not funny," I pouted indignantly.

"You're right," he nodded solemnly, before his face cracked into a smile again as he looked at me crumpled by the side of our bed.

"Alright, fine laugh all you want, but please just help me up," I requested.
He obliged, still giggling to himself like a little kid. He placed an arm under each of mine and pulled me up, so I was standing on my feet. He removed his arms from under mine and I fell back onto the bed, wincing as my ass made contact with the bed.
"I'm so sorry," he chuckled, looking down on me.

"Yeah yeah. You so aren't. I'm so hungry and I can't even walk to the god damn kitchen," I sighed. I placed my hands over my face and felt like giving up.
"Lemme get you there," Jack finally regained composure. He scooped me up bridal style and I opened my mouth to protest. "There's no way you could wak there," he chided me, reading my mind.

"I could have hobbled there," I offered.

"Yeah yeah," he kissed my forehead. "And it probably would have taken like four hours."
"Four hours? No way. Probably like fifteen minutes," I argued.
"Hmm, well I'm not gonna let you try because you had a hard enough time just trying to stand up. As cute as it was babe, I don't want you to hurt yourself. "
"That sounds sweet but I feel like you're only saying that because I'm right," I teased.
"Sure," he nodded in a sarcastic way.

We finally had reached the kitchen, so he let me down, setting me so I was sitting on the counter. I swung my legs. "I think I can walk now," I attempted.
"After I've carried you to the kitchen?" he smirked.

"You know it," I teased, but I still didn't get off the counter. Part of me was scared that my legs would let out from under me again, despite the brave face I was putting on.
"You don't have to prove me wrong babe," he told me, coming back over to the counter where he had left me. The kettle was steaming in the background. He stood in front of me and gently pushed a strand of hair back from off my face. I felt my eyes slowly close and my head tilt into his hand. His lips softly met mine and before I could open my eyes they were gone again. I slowly looked around to see him making two teas. He passed me one.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"I love you," he randomly let slip from his lips.

"I love you too," I immediately responded.

"No I really mean it. I am so helplessly in love with you. You are the cutest lil thing. You are so determined and argumentative, yet sweet and caring. You make my day and I love waking up to you, even if you're on the floor. I want to take care of you though and show you I can pick you up and help you walk. I love cuddling you and how unbelievably sexy you are. I just am so smitten by you," he rambled.
I was frozen. And blushing at the same time. "Jack," I whispered.

"No, you don't have to say anything more. I know you like me too," he shrugged.
"No, I love you," I corrected him. "I don't just 'like' you. I love you."

He had made his way back over to me and set his tea down on the counter beside mine that I had placed there not moments before. He held onto both of my hands.
He rested his face against mine and our noses just met before his lips gently brushed against each other.

"I'm not gonna let you walk all day. I want to take care of you and make up for the bruises and marks I left last night," he whispered onto my lips. His hand let go of mine and drifted to my shoulder where he traced one of the hickeys that was there. I looked down, mesmerized by his fingers and the purple mark on my skin.

"Jack, last night was incredible. You don't have to 'make up' for anything," I murmured.
He shook his slowly, pulling away a little but still holding onto my left hand. "I'm gonna take care of you. And if you let me, for the rest of our lives," he added the second part softly but I heard him. And it made my heart flutter and it felt as if my skin were glowing and that no pain could match the feeling in my chest. It was love.