twenty seven

SHIT GETS FUCKED UP IN THIS CHAOTER.
-
I was walked through the front door to my apartment and instantly was greeted by Oreo. I bent down on my knees and roughly pet him. He barked at me and licked my hand. I kissed he top of his head and stood up, walking to the kitchen. Oreo followed me. I placed my purse and key on the kitchen island. I walked to the fridge and opened it, grabbing a rootbeer.

I started to fix up dinner. Jack and I haven't had a night in, in a while so I know we both could use one.

"Oh, you're home." I smiled as Jack walked into the kitchen. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He turned around in my arms and gave a weak smile.

"Hey babe."

"You didn't say hi when you walked in."

"Yeah sorry. It's just been a really rough day." I pouted and grasped the edges shirt and began to pull it off his body. Folding it over my arm, i placed my hand on his chest.

"Dinner still has 20 minutes or so. How about you go and take a hot shower and then we can talk about your day." Jacks lip twitched a bit before he smiled and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"I'll be back."

I watched the back of the man i loved as he walked into our bedroom and turned the light on in the bathroom. i heard the vent of the bathroom turn on and i walked over to his chair by the couch, hanging his shirt neatly off the back of it and went back to the stove to stir the pasta.

Jack had been out the shower for 10 minutes but still hadn't come out of the bedroom so i went in to check on him and saw him sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands.

Settling on my knees in front of him, i grabbed his face by his cheeks and lifted his head to get a look at him. His eyes were full of worry and i decided against asking, assuming something had gone south with business.

After pressing a kiss to his lips, i climbed onto the bed and got behind him, placing my hands on his shoulders and massaging them to bring him whatever comfort i could without forcing him to talk.

After some time he grabbed my hand from his shoulder and pulled it forward to his lips, leaving a gentle but drawn out chaste kiss on the back of my hand. "Let's go eat."

~~~~~~~

With the dishes and kitchen all clean, i sat on the couch and watched the movie, Jack laying with his head in your lap.

I ran my fingers through his hair and massaged his scalp a bit before looking down and smiling at my 'Old Man'. Leaning down, i kissed his cheek then ran the back of my finger over it.

"What?"

"You're just perfect that's all." I pulled back suddenly as he harshly yanked his head off my lap and stood up, pacing around the living room. I watched him with wide eyes and got up, reaching out to put my hand in his back but pulled it back quickly as he delivered a vicious punch to the wall, a hole left when he put his hand back by his side.

I was beyond confused by this point in time. "Jack, baby, calm down. Come sit and talk to me. I know shit is getting crazy with the business but it'll work out. Just come-" I started to talk slowly, but he cut me off by saying something that I never thought would come out of his mouth

"I cheated on you."

It took me a minute to process what he'd just said. i continued to stare at him, tears beginning to well up in my eyes and pain in my heart as he didn't say anything else or look at me. A sob erupted from my chest as you looked around, everything blurry.

"It was with that stupid fucking Crow Eater. Madison. I've been wanting to tell you. It's been eating at me and I couldn't tell you but you...you're so good to me and you keep doing all this shit for me and I just, I can't do it anymore."

He finally looked up at me, a weight lifted from his chest only to feel it come back, heavier, as he saw the look on my face.

"Baby..." He reached out to me but i was already gone.

I messily rummaged through my dresser with shaking hands, tears dripping off my face and onto the fabric. I felt him come into the room but he stopped when he saw me shoving clothes into a bag.

"Baby no." He tried to grab my arm but i simply shook him off and zipped the bag shut, slipping on my shoes and walking back into the living room towards the front door.

"Baby please don't, I'm so sorry."

Ignoring him and wiping your tears with the back of my hand i unlocked the door and grabbed my purse and keys off the edge of the counter. Turning and taking a look at him, i saw tears in his eyes.

i loved him with all my heart and seeing him like that broke my heart. It made me want to turn around and hold him, rub his back, anything to make him feel better.

Then i remembered why i was leaving in the first place. Seeing him hurting was almost enough to change your mind. Almost. "I'll come by tomorrow to get the rest of my things" I croaked, wiping my tears with my sleeve. i turned the door knob and walked out leaving him behind