Chapter 1

•Right here!

"Hey Riles! 7 o'clock!"I shout as I open the door to the Matthews' apartment.

I see Riley get up from the dining table,grab her bag,and walk towards me. She exits through the door and I slam the door shut after her.

*At school...*
"Riley,are you okay? You seem...sad."I ask Riley worriedly.

She closes her locker and turns to face me. "Maya,I'm perfectly okay! Now can we go to class?"

I nod my head and enter the classroom with Riley. We take our seats and listen to Mr.Matthews teach us about something that I don't really care about. I turn to look at Lucas before facing Mr.Matthews again. Soon,the bell rings,and Riley,Farkle,Lucas and I walk out of the classroom.

*At Topanga's...*
Riley and I walk over to where Farkle and Lucas are sitting and sit down across them. "Hey,where's Zay?"I ask no one in particular.

"He said he wasn't free today."Farkle answers me.

I set my eyes downcast and start to play with my fingers-something I try not to do-as nobody talks. Suddenly,Riley stands up and says she's going to get some ice-cream. Farkle follows her and they walk out the door. Now,me and Lucas are stuck together,alone again. "So...what do you want to do now?"Lucas asks me.

I shrug my shoulders as I look up to see Lucas beside me. I start to blush a little but hurriedly look down again. Suddenly,Lucas' hands are cupping my face and I'm looking into his beautiful eyes. "Oh my god,what is he doing?!His eyes are so beautiful...wait! Stop thinking that,Maya Penolope Hart! Come back to your senses!"I think to myself.

"Maya,I'm your boyfriend now right? And you're my girlfriend now right?"he asks me as I snap back to reality.

I nod my head,wondering why he asked that question. Before I can ask him,Lucas is pulling my face towards his.