Chapter 3

•Look, don't worry, this is all normal. It's just your body's way of telling you that you are a woman.

*The next day at school...*
  "Alright class,today I want you guys to pair up and work together on a project. I will pass you and your partner a card regarding your project later."Mr.Matthews announced to us.

  The whole class started to talk and pair up except for Riley,Farkle,Lucas and I. "So...who wants to pair up with each other? Heh heh..."Farkle said awkwardly.

  Lucas grabbed my hand and said,"Maya and I will pair up together."

  I could see Riley's expression change but she quickly put on a gigantic smile again. She and Farkle nodded at each other to indicate their partnership. Mr.Matthews started to give out the cards to each pair.

*At Lucas' apartment...*
  I had just finished my dinner with Lucas and his mother as my mother,Katy,was working late that night. I sat down on the couch while I waited for Lucas to wash his plates and cup. His mother came out from the kitchen and asked me,"Maya,dear,would you like some fruits? Or some drinks?"

  "Uh...no thank you. I'm quite full...but thank you for asking."

  She smiled warmly at me and returned to the kitchen just as Lucas came out. We headed to his room to start on our project. The project was about how deep friendship was. I was reminded of the great times me and Riley spent together...and how we were keeping secrets from each other now. I sighed louder than I excepted. Lucas glanced at me before returning his gaze to the paper in front of him.

  An hour later,we were finally done with the project. Suddenly,I received a text from Riley.

Riley:How's your project coming along?
Me:Great! We just finished it. What about you and Farkle?
Riley:We just finished our project too. So...what are you and my bro doing?
Me:Nothing! I'm just about to leave. Meet at your apartment?
Riley:Yeah,sure! See you later! >.~
Me: ^.^

  I left Lucas' apartment and headed to the Matthews' apartment.