Chapter 9

•When is this little party, yeah, whatever, hi, I don't care?

  The hallway became so silent that you could hear the sound of a pin dropping. However, the only sound I heard was what Farkle said.

  Everybody else except Farkle, Riley, Lucas and I left the hallway. I snapped out of my daze and walked over to Riley and Lucas. Before the both of them could say anything, I placed Riley's hand in Lucas' hand. I managed a weak smile and gave Lucas one last kiss on the cheek. "Be happy together." I mustered all my strength and told them.

  Not looking back, I walked as quickly as I could towards the school entrance. I could hear Lucas and Riley calling after me, but I ignored them.

  Once I exited the school, I ran all the way back home.

*At Maya's apartment...*
  I opened the door and stepped inside. Slamming the door shut, I headed up to my room.

  I locked the door to my room and threw myself on my bed. Finally, I let out all the tears that I had been holding back. Tears kept streaming down my face like a waterfall. My bed was stained wet with all the tears I got from my heartbreak.

  "Maya? Can I come in?"

  I looked up to see Farkle at my bay window. Even though he was the one who said what made me break inside, I still nodded to let him in.

  Farkle climbed in and walked over to where I was lying. I sat up and moved over to let him sit down. I did make sure that the area he was sitting on wasn't wet though.

  "Maya...I'm really sorry. I had to tell the truth because I thought you deserved to know. I'm sorry that I made you so sad. I really am!"

  I wiped away my tears and reassured him that it was okay. He looked relieved after I said that. I opened my mouth to ask him how long he knew, but I started crying again.

  Farkle hugged me and I buried my face in his chest and let everything I had been holding back out. He kept patting my head and somehow, it helped!

  Suddenly, I remembered that Farkle and Smackle were dating. I hurriedly pushed him away to see a confused look on his face. "You and Smackle are dating...so you really shouldn't do that anymore. I appreci-"

  "Smackle and I broke up." I got cut off by another shocking news.