Chapter 2

Lorraine's POV

A couple of weeks after no had left our room, Ed and I went back to investigating paranormal hauntings on land or in houses. It was always nice to be back, but sometimes the things I see, it makes me want to lock myself away and never come out.

Ed would hardly ever let me out of his site when we were investigating. He had my heads and cross blessed on a weekly basis. I always carried them with me no matter what, they were always on my table beside my bed.

We had been house to house checking over the littlest of hauntings, if there were even hauntings. It was a small blessing here and there and helping spirits cross over.

"Hey hon, you ready?" Ed asked me as I clasped my necklace around my neck and stood up. Today we are going to speak at a college about a few of our cases. We brought up the case that I locked myself up afterwards.

Ed reached for my hand and squeezed it reassuringly as we watched the video. I took a few calming breaths and sighed in relief.

"What are you guys called?" I heard after the video had been ended. Ed kind of chuckled and thought for a second.

"We have been called," He started and smiled at me. "We've been called, Demonologists, ghost hunter, paranormal researchers."

"Kooks," I step in and everyone ends up laughing.

"Wackos." Ed says as everyone continues to laugh inside of the lecture hall.

"But we simply prefer to be known as, Ed and Lorraine Warren." I say and step up and smile. I look around the audience and clasp my hands together.

We finished our lecture at the college and Ed drove us home. I ended up falling asleep somewhere along the ride. Ed never once let go of my hand during the car ride home.

Dreams of when we first met, ran through my mind. A few of my friends and I went to a movie, the theatre we went to, Ed happened to be working there. After the movie he walked home with all of us girls. His house was the first house on our route home. After we all said goodbye, I knew we would marry one day. I knew we would love each other from then on. (Lorraine Warren told the story of how her and Ed met, so I would include this, all credit for that paragraph goes to Lorraine Warren.)

Ed woke me up once we got home. He kissed my cheek bone, and for out and came to my side and helped me out. I closed my eyes for a moment and smiled as I heard Judith laugh inside with my mother.

Judith greeted us at the door with big hugs and kisses for Ed and I. I wrapped my arms around her tightly and kissed her head. I love my little girl more than anything in the world, besides Ed of course.

Judith and I sat in mine and Ed's office rocking as I brushed her hair. We laughed as Judith would tell me something funny. I always had the best of time with her when we were together.

I brushed her long Brown hair as she sat in my lap. I kissed her hair and she giggled, which made me laugh. I rocked the chair as we sat and laughed.

"I brought you some tea," Ed said as he entered the office carrying a tea cup.

"Go get dressed for dinner," I said to Judith as she stood up and skipped out in her beautiful white dress.

"I'm wearing it to dinner," She said in a sing-song tune and skipped off to her room.

"No you're not!" I called after her and smiled up at Ed. He handed me my tea cup. He sighed as he watched me for a moment. "Stop blaming yourself."

"If I would have never let you in there, this would have never happened," Ed said to me. I took a sip of my tea and made a face. "No sugar?"

"Mm nope." I said with a shake of my head and handed him the cup. He left and went to put some sugar in my cup of tea.

After dinner and everything was put away, Ed and I sat in the office going over a case that we were called out to. An easy case for the two of us. Just a blessing on the house was all.

Around midnight we decided to head up to bed. I was exhausted, still catching up on sleep from the eight days. I changed into my night gown and put some lotion on my arms. I sat on the edge of the bed, Ed sat behind me and rubbed my shoulders gently. I leaned into his arms and closed my eyes.

I yawned and I held both of his hands. He kissed my forehead and held me there. Memories of our first date clouded my mind. A smile grew on my lips.

"What are you thinking about?" Ed asked, his voice in almost a whisper.

"It's nothing, just thinking about some of our first memories," I whispered and opened my eyes to see him looking down at me. "I was thinking about our first date, then our wedding night."

"Those were two great days we got to spend together," Ed said with a small chuckle. I got pregnant one of the two nights we were together. Then Ed shipped back to Japan. "Get some sleep, my love."

I have him a nod and snuggled into his side as he laid down. I sighed softly and rested my head on his chest as sleep began to take over my body.

My night was filled with wonderful dreams of our past. When we first met, our wedding, when Judith was born. Then I woke up to Ed breathing in a panicked manner.

"Ed honey, it's me wake up." I whispered softly. Another nightmare, probably about me again. "I'm fine sweetheart."

Ed slowly woke up and he looked at me. I saw his eyes light up and he relaxed. He then hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"I thought it was real," He whispered and squeezed me a little tighter. "I couldn't wake up."

"I know, I'm so sorry," I said to him and placed a hand on his chest. "I'm okay, and so are you."

"I'm glad you are okay," He said with a small smile. "I wish it never happened to you."

"There wasn't any way you could have stopped it," I said to him as I rested my chin on my hand and looked him in the eyes. "It would have happened either way. We could have taken any precaution, it would have happened no matter what."

"I know, Lorraine," He said with a long sigh and shook his head. "I just don't want it to happen to you again. I should have made you leave sooner."

"I wouldn't have left you," I said as my eyebrows furrowed. "God brought us together for a reason."

"You're right," Ed sighed in defeat. "I feel like this is my fault."

"What I have, is a blessing and a curse." I explained softly and sat up once again. "Everything I see or touch, it takes a little piece of me every time. I can't help it, nor can you."

Ed looked at me for a moment and finally nodded as if he understood. No one will ever understand what I see or touch. What I have is different from anyone. I see the good and the bad in people, dogs, houses, and spirits. I always have, and I will until the day I die.

"Get some sleep," I whispered to my dozing husband. "I kissed his forehead and turned over to turn my beside lamp off.