Chapter 12

Lorrine's POV

40 Weeks 2 Days 

I have hit my due date, and now just a couple of days past due. I am ready to meet our child, but I will let him or her come on their time. I am trying to be understandable and let my body due the work, and do what it was made to do, but I am growing impatient. I just want to meet the new addition of our family. 

Ed and I have gotten a book written, and sent off to the publisher. If it sells out like crazy, that is good. If the book does not sell, it does not matter to me. Ed and I just wanted to tell our story. I am just happy we got this book written, now we can go back to helping people after the baby is born. 

I cannot sit at home all of the time, that is not me. Yes, I do love getting to see Judy all of the time, and seeing my mother, but I hate sitting at home all of the time. I love going and helping people, I was given this gift to help people, and that is what I plan on doing. 

That morning, I was up quite early, like I have been for the past couple of weeks. Sleep comes a little at a time any more. The bigger I get, the harder it becomes to sleep with a huge ball on top of you, and a huge baby inside of you. I made my way downstairs after checking on Judy who was sleeping peacefully. 

I began to cook breakfast for everyone, it seems like every time I wake up, I am hungry. When I say hungry, I feel like I haven't eaten in a couple of days or weeks. I made scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, and hash browns for everyone. A spread for us all, but I can easily eat most of everything. 

"Morning, hon," Ed said walking into the kitchen as I flipped a pancake over. He pressed a kiss to the back of my head and reached around me to get a coffee mug. "How are you this morning?" 

"Morning, love," I said with a smile and placed the cooked pancake on the plate with the others. "I'm pretty good, just hungry as usual. How are you?" 

"I'm good," he said shortly, too soon to have a conversation with him. He hasn't had a cup of coffee yet, I'll get more out of him when he finishes his cup of coffee. 

Not too long after Ed had got up, Judy and my mother came downstairs as well. Good thing they came down because I was finishing up the last pancake and breakfast was ready. I set everything out on the table, and Ed said grace before we ate. 

Breakfast was pretty silent as we all ate, what can I say? It was pretty early in the morning, seven or so. The only reason why I was up was because I was hungry and uncomfortable. I knew I could take a nap after breakfast. 

After everyone had eaten, my mother and Ed cleaned everything up, they wouldn't let me do anything. Judy had already gone back to bed for a while. After Ed and mom cleaned everything up, Ed and I went back to bed. Mom usually stays up for a while and takes a late afternoon nap or early afternoon nap. I on the other hand take naps throughout the day. 

Ed came up to bed with me after him and mother finished cleaning up. We didn't sleep much after breakfast, our plans changed when he got into bed. Maybe our love making session could speed something up with delivering this baby. We did not make love just to speed things up, that was not our plans, it just happened. 

After a couple of rounds, I fell asleep with Ed holding me closely to himself. I didn't wake up for quite a while, probably sometime early in the afternoon is when I woke up. In pain, a lot of pain. My back was hurting real bad, back labor. 

I grabbed my robe and pulled it on and headed back down the stairs. Mom was cooking dinner for all of us, by  the time I got down to the kitchen. I took a seat at the table, pained. A sharp pain passed through my lower abdomen and lower back. No way that this is labor, I do not remember being in this much pain when I delivered Judy. My labor and delivery with her was a breeze. I just had a feeling that this labor and delivery would not be so easy.